• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That’s their business model though: not only knocking off big fashion houses but also smaller designers.

why buy a Yousef shirt from @NickPollica when you can get it’s uglier cousin from Shein for $8 (!!) with an extra 10% off and free returns ? 🙃

D97439C7-A363-4CF8-93A6-C303E46A741B.jpeg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Shein quality hold up to other fast fashion ooc? Similar to Zara/H&M or even lower?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How does Shein quality hold up to other fast fashion ooc? Similar to Zara/H&M or even lower?
I mean, the clothes look pretty terrible on the website. Looks like one of those brands you see on eBay, where they promise to copy some designer piece and deliver it to you for three chicken nuggies.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i started seeing them in thrift awhile back, in hand is not good

the piracy thing is also a poor look

jah786

Reaction score
That’s their business model though: not only knocking off big fashion houses but also smaller designers.

why buy a Yousef shirt from @NickPollica when you can get it’s uglier cousin from Shein for $8 (!!) with an extra 10% off and free returns ? 🙃

View attachment 1640243
I had to look up the Youseff shirt. It's awesome. If it ever restocks again, I would cop. Fortunately, the knock-off Shein is shit version. But all the same, I hope they took it down.

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 8.19.27 PM.png

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
I mean, the clothes look pretty terrible on the website. Looks like one of those brands you see on eBay, where they promise to copy some designer piece and deliver it to you for three chicken nuggies.
This feels like a slight against chicken nuggies. Three of those is worth at least one piece of stolen design

jah786

Reaction score
There was a long and interesting discussion of DTC on this thread recently and I wanted to share my recent experience with one of the Godfather DTC brands, Warby Parker. A Warby store opened about 5 min walk from my office recently so I wandered in the other day to buy glasses. I found some titanium frames that I really liked. But after the frames and lenses (progressive), the bill was like $550. This is not a crazy number for glasses from a traditional store but from a DTC disrupter? They are no longer cutting out the middle man. They have swallowed the middle man and his margin. I could have purchased branded glasses made by Luxotica for big fashion or gone to a boutique in Phila and purchased some cool shit from a small eyewear brand for the same or maybe less that included retail margin. There really isn't much disruption anymore. It's now just another branded experience. The experience was good - the store is beautiful, the selection vast, staff well trained, but the value...I'm not seeing it like the Warby of 8 years ago where all glasses were $150, lenses included, or whatever the price was at that time.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.