• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

LaymanX

Reaction score
What is the future of the industry when I get asked why I'm so "dressed up" when I wear a chambray button up (with sleeves rolled up) on a zoom call at work.

:(

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of their stuff, but they did have a very attractive store. Really sucks for that area which already lost Opening Ceremony and Totokaelo.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not a fan of their stuff, but they did have a very attractive store. Really sucks for that area which already lost Opening Ceremony and Totokaelo.
NY was already a mess with rents on those areas being so high, that it’s a known fact that most of those stores by themselves are not profitable.

compund that with very little tourist, lots of people working from home etc. these stores have become money pits, with the “reasons” for keeping them around just not justifiable anymore.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oooph 3 years only. That had to be a brutal write off. Agreed that it was a great looking shop. They lost their space in Brentwood, CA too.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah while i don't care for the clothes, this is a bummer considering they did host some small pop ups and events in the same space. they did a few events with the local running community and i always thought that was especially cool of them.

cb200

Reaction score
Yeah, the brand didn't resonate for me either, but at least it has an angle enough that makes it distinct enough to have some sort of feeling about. I can't imagine them disappearing but a doubling down on online sales and popups seems like a way to go. One thing I do like about brands with "an angle" is that there's some natural storytelling that can be done around them.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest