• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, definitely more poly blend to come, anything machine washable is probably better in the sweatpants era

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
However... the pandemic isn't the only game in town: let's not forget the ultimately far more serious climate breakdown, and the (micro)plastics crisis. We're actually going to have to stop wearing so much fossil fuel-derived plastic fibre and be looking to more sustainable / (bio)degradable alternatives... (which is one of the many reasons I started the Show Me Something New thread)

cb200

Reaction score
My stance is that overproduction of apparel is our biggest environmental challenge. All textiles can be a challenge to the environment and a full lifecycle analysis of the social, economic, and environmental issues of sold and unsold goods are needed but there is little to no incentive to do so.

I think by focusing on what we think as "natural" may preclude solutions that are positive moves but might go against our ideas and ideals of purity.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tangentially related to the fashion industry, but I've been seeing more of this in fashion. NMWA, The Armoury, and Epaulet, obviously. But some big brands such as Zegna have also introduced video shopping.

cb200

Reaction score
I've been watching the slow casualization of video through incremental advances in technology since the days of Betamax. Feels like the combo of cellphones cameras and cultural changes have hit critical mass with the increased use of video chats with CV19.

Shopable online video I think has been just around the corner for at least a decade. A youtube to Shopify pipeline is going to be interesting.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Video can be really effective at showing fabric swatches for MTO/MTM/bespoke - I always worry with still photos if the flash is over done

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
overexposure/contrast has been the fashion with product photography for some time. i frankly prefer natural light and wish it would come back.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Video can be really effective at showing fabric swatches for MTO/MTM/bespoke - I always worry with still photos if the flash is over done
Very true. I sell a lot of custom and MTM merchandise, and most of my customers won't order into a fabric without seeing it on video.

cb200

Reaction score
Color accuracy of camera settings, lighting, compression, and display devices is so varied that it is not that trust worthy- in my opinion. Better than nothing but can be deceiving. My previous professional life involved lots of color correction and grading of film and video probably (definitely) warped my brain when it comes to looking at images and colors.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami