• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

cb200

Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A marriage made in mall shoe heaven

LaymanX

Reaction score
So.. Unionmade.. how in trouble are they? Just nonstop sales

edit: Oh wow, just heard they're shutting down. :( Sad day for all

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
☹

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the not too distant future, we will be able to know whether a pair of Common Projects is fake or not by simply scanning a bar code!...So, that is what those digits are stamped in gold! (10)

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Authenticity is going to become huge. Have you seen the recent Rolex videos? It’s way beyond the uncanny valley and at 1.1 for some steel models. I wouldn’t touch a second hand Rolex going forward.

Fashion is just as bad. Even obscure labels, like Kapital, are heavily copied now.

In the not too distant future, we will be able to know whether a pair of Common Projects is fake or not by simply scanning a bar code!...So, that is what those digits are stamped in gold! (10)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

call me dumb, but why is blackchain necessary here, I can see centralized version doing better job here, there are benefit to distributed ledger but unclear to me why this is a good use case

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have an interview with one of the top executives at Uniqlo/ Fast Retailing next week. Curious if anyone has thoughts on what would be some good questions? This is one of the more interesting interviews I've been able to land, so I don't want to squander it.

Some things that I'm already planning to ask:

1. How does this person see the clothing retail industry changing? Mostly interested in the person's views on fast fashion, brick-and-mortar, rising rents in expensive cities, and managing global supply chains.

2. How is Fast Retailing, Uniqlo's parent company, responding?

3. How is Fast Retailing organized in terms of its internal structure, and how does this help or hurt its responsiveness to those challenges?

4. What makes Uniqlo different from other affordable clothing labels, such as Gap or Zara?

5. What are some of the legal challenges involved in managing a global brand? (I'm hoping to focus this interview mainly on law, business, and industry-related stuff).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have an interview with one of the top executives at Uniqlo/ Fast Retailing next week. Curious if anyone has thoughts on what would be some good questions? This is one of the more interesting interviews I've been able to land, so I don't want to squander it.

1. How does this person see the clothing retail industry changing? Mostly interested in the person's views on fast fashion, brick-and-mortar, rising rents in expensive cities, and managing global supply chains.

3. How is Fast Retailing organized in terms of its internal structure, and how does this help or hurt its responsiveness to those challenges?

4. What makes Uniqlo different from other affordable clothing labels, such as Gap or Zara?

5. What are some of the legal challenges involved in managing a global brand? (I'm hoping to focus this interview mainly on law, business, and industry-related stuff).
I'd be interested in knowing how they positioned their brand to be "cool" in the west, even in this day of instant global information transfer. The way in which Uniqlo was able to position itself in the States was pretty spectacular.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

ask why they stopped making the skinny tapered selvedge jeans

cbusguy

Reaction score
good questions @dieworkwear. i'd like to know:

i think the questions about retail changing are interesting. especially with barneys, unionmade, and things like that. a little different, but i'd be interested to hear their thoughts.

how they pick or the process for picking collaborations?

how do they determine retail locations?

something about their website? i feel like i see a lot of people complain about it. it's hard for me use on my iphone. but you'd have to ask it in a way so they would answer. something like, do they have metrics on their website? do customers like it?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.