• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I came to SF many years ago for the CM discussion. This was before there were separate sections for CM and SWD.

In the last few years, I have spent more time on the SWD side. Maybe it seems that the CM side has been dead because the threads and content, in my view, have been so weak. Maybe that changes if guys like @Manton or @RJman start posting again.

“FORGET IT!/I'M NEVER COMING HOMEBACK/FORGET IT!!!"

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This is basically StyleForum. Just guys hanging out at the mall every day
But we could organize a march, with chants "We shop, we're proud, not all of us are even gay!"

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the “glory days” of the CM side but I find it lively. Not many folks post fit pics but I can’t complain as I rarely do either. Not sure how some folks do it. Must take up all their time.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Though the technical part has kind of run its course and the CM look is more “constant” or consistent to get right for lack of better world so easier to just say that’s enough for me

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one whose interest has shifted away from the CM stuff as my office's dress code has gotten more and more casual. Plus there's only so many WAYWRN pictures of guys in suits you can look at.
Instagram is actually better for fit pics of course. I prefer the technical discussions here rather than the fits.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally not always a fan of soft tailoring and Paul Stuart really come to it kind late, but think they have done it right

Looks pretty generic, but at least it’s not small lapel (oh and it run small, i’m 36 but 38 works)

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally not always a fan of soft tailoring and Paul Stuart really come to it kind late, but think they have done it right

Looks pretty generic, but at least it’s not small lapel (oh and it run small, i’m 36 but 38 works)

Smashing coat but I hate chest patch pockets.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On casual jacket, why not? Also would prefer it to be linen wool silk blend instead of pure linen, I just can’t embrace the winkle...

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On casual jacket, why not? Also would prefer it to be linen wool silk blend instead of pure linen, I just can’t embrace the winkle...
I just find them distracting. The eye gets drawn to the pocket rather than up to the face. Channeling my inner Flusser.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.