• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discuss Topcoats: Fund Drive For Topcoat

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This must be a joke. Why would I give you my money so you can go off a buy a $4000 coat with out working for it at all. Its also a horrible coat. Get a damn job and work for it.

newtrane

Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
Would you accept 50 cents toward a tastefully decorated barrel??

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Sir,

That is a lovely coat you have posted. My name is Mogues and I am a deposed Ethiopian noble living in {I cannot disclose the location at this time} I have a sizable cache of funds to transfer to the united states, and would be glad to remit 3500 GBP (more then enough for your lovely coat) for your assistance in this delicate matter.

Kindly send me your full account information, phone number, email and social security number as soon as possible. Make haste as the political situation here continues to deteriorate!

God Bless,
Mogues

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Dear Sir,

That is a lovely coat you have posted. My name is Mogues and I am a deposed Ethiopian noble living in {I cannot disclose the location at this time} I have a sizable cache of funds to transfer to the united states, and would be glad to remit 3500 GBP (more then enough for your lovely coat) for your assistance in this delicate matter.

Kindly send me your full account information, phone number, email and social security number as soon as possible. Make haste as the political situation here continues to deteriorate!

God Bless,
Mogues

Yup.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So according to your logic a person who works for several months and saves up by scimping their pennys is no more deserving then someone who goes on a forum asking for free donations so they can go out and splurge on a coat. If you believe that then you sir are an idiot amongst many other profane things.

Skyler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Dear Sir,

God Bless,
Mogues

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Wife,

Your logic is most interesting. I have gathered through some years of living that everything is subjective. I have gathered morality, ethics and judgement are subjective. I have gathered recently that my judgement is not in line with yours. I have gathered that the gentlemen of the forum have sound judgement (on the whole of course). My judgement tells me that this is a poor investment of my funds.

On a less (or more) judgmental note; donations in some form or another benefit the giver, as well as the receiver. As I would donate food to a homeless shelter I should know that it will go to good use from those who are in need of it. Your coat, on the other hand, is replaceable by a 10 dollar coat found at Good Will and will not, in all selfish honesty, make me feel good about myself.

As a side note, which has come from my personal judgement, your use of the word 'entitled' is worrisome.

Good luck.

RM

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also if no one actualy deserves anything why would you deserve the coat? Rather hypocritical. I can't say I agree with rjmaiorano in whishing you good luck as that would meen that 4000 people have wasted a dollar that could have went to a better cause.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Somewhat tongue in cheek 'good luck'. But I say it because it would be impressive on his part if he could get it done.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I was recently the benefactor of internet-based generosity but it wasn't for a coat, unfortunately.

http://www.dropcash.com/campaign/nim...lout_part_two/

I was very fortunate I was able to get medical treatment in time. If a friend hadn't set up the fund raiser, I would have been delayed months and probably would not be enjoying as good as an outcome.

I understand it is nice to have things you want. I know what it is like to sell off my things to help me get better and it is hard. But these are just things. Look beyond your wants and channel your generosity and the generosity of others toward more altruistic ends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads