1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Discuss Swaine Adeney Brigg cases

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HEPennypacker, Oct 26, 2010.

1. MrLau8999

MrLau8999 Member

For the SAB Chesterford and Gladstone bag, anyone have experience or own one? Pictures would be great.

I really like both, but the prices at full retail are astronomically ridiculous. A discount would persuade me (ideally 30-50% off or more)

Anyone know the times of the yearly sales online? I live in HK, so obtaining one online is only option. This disclosure would be much appreciated to all of us SAB lovers.

Additionally, SAB's quality is legendary, and I understand their high prices, as these cases are seen as investment pieces rather than quick throwaway seasonal items.

2. christianch

christianch Well-Known Member

This is a quality item and, AFAIK, there is no such a thing like 50% off or more.

3. brax

brax Senior member

Here's a few shots of my SAB Gladstone; [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Yep. The best bet was through BB when they carried SAB under their own label. I got mine for 40% during the last retail crash.

5. HEPennypacker

HEPennypacker Senior member

OP here. I guess it's been about six years since I first began my quest for an SAB case, and about 5.5 years since I acquired my Westminster Wrap SS in London Tan. The fact that this thread is still going years later is a testament to the timeless nature of SAB cases and bags. I still carry the case every day to work, rain or shine, and its character has changed quite a bit over the years. I think it is developing a nice patina, and I still get frequent compliments.

I will admit that I should feed it more often. So last weekend, I decided to do just that and to take some new pics. My original unboxing post appears not to show the pics anymore, so I will also post a few of those for the sake of comparison.

Some original unboxing photos from February 2011:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pre-feeding last weekend:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Post-feeding last weekend:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The color in the last two is more accurate than the first.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  6. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior member

Looks really amazing

7. SpeshD

SpeshD New Member

Hello,

Does anyone have the SAB Westminster 1? If so, do you have any pics of it? How do you find the size, is it big enough to carry a pad and some papers, and a phone, keys, pens, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

-Brian

8. partenopean

partenopean Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  9. partenopean

partenopean Member

moving to top. anyone who can direct me to someone who knows, or anyone knows?

10. madeinpoland

madeinpoland Member

Anyone visited the London & Cambridge stores? What are the prices for RTW cases?

11. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

In the past S&B used to retail SAB cases and umbrellas. About 10 years ago I had purchased some items from them. But their business association ended a couple of years ago, so I would say No SAB probably does not manufacture S&B's wallets.

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.