1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Discount/Shopping in DelBocaVista, Florida

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stevo4, Dec 8, 2004.

1. stevo4

stevo4 Senior Member

I'll be in the Delray Beach, FL area from Xmas through New Years and was wondering if anyone knew of any good chopping in the area without going to Fort Lauderdale, West Palm or Miami.

Looking more for the discount places like a Saks, NM, etc. type places, or Marshalls, etc.

Ideas?

Thanks, stevo

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I will make a list for you.

Jon.

3. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Well, you can go to Sawgrass, which has NMLast Call and Saks Off 5th, among other outlets. That's sort of Ft. Lauderdale, though. You said you don't want to go to Miami, but the Dolphin Mall also has a NMLC and Saks, and I loved the merchandise when I was there last Christmas.

West Palm sucks, other than Worth Ave. and Worth is overpriced, good to window shop and that's about it, IMHO.

Jon, I'd like to see your list as well, as I have only been living here 1 year and still don't know too many places.

4. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior Member

There is a Loehmann's in Boca Raton, on Glades Rd.

Dan

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

while you are down there, you should run for condo board president [​IMG]

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

I was waiting for a Seinfeld quip, heh. koji

7. stevo4

stevo4 Senior Member

Seinfeld quip?

Didn't he give someone a special pen down there in one episode? Or was it the Cadillac? Or Both?

My Parents are snow birds and have a place down there near my Grandmother. I'm sure i'll be dragged to Sample Road and Sawgrass but didn't know if there was any quality stuff there. I don't need another Santa Shot Glass or a specially formulated jewelry cleaner.

Btw, the only thing that was really cool about Sample Road was Butterfly World. Pretty cool.

I'd be happy to make the trek to a Last Call or Off 5th since we don't have any really close in LA.

Look forward to the list.

Thanks,
    Stevo

8. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Saks Off 5th and NMLC @ Sawgrass are real hit and miss. I saw a tan glen plaid Canali @ Saks for 400-something the other day. Nice summer suit and decent price. There's a new Ferragamo outlet in Sawgrass that, when I went over the weekend, was well-stocked -- what tempted me were the suede driving loafers (they had them in 3 colors) for IIRC about $140, and monk straps (both in black and a sharp burgundy-brown) for $259 -- and they aren't from the Studio line either.

Sawgrass is well worth the trip, IMHO.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

The Gardens Mall: just another mall, although they have a Benetton store, the other two are located in South Beach / Merrick Park (one outlet in Sawgrass is just horrible and stuff costs as much as in the regular stores, but is just nasty-looking). They do have a small Brooks Brothers, although the one on Worth is bigger. Worth Ave (and the Via's): yeah, it's expensive, except for during sales time at the end of season, but it hosts both a Borrelli's and Domenico Vacca, a NM, Saks, huge RL store, a Tourneau, several specialized cobblers, haberdashers, and jewelry stores, thus its designed to be expensive. There really is nothing else on Palm Beach island that is worth visiting (sartorially) except for The Breakers hotel, which has a really small RL store and another Giorgio's of Palm Beach (although the one on Worth is sufficient). West Palm Beach: Pretty much City Place on Okeechobee, although it's just a mammoth version of Boca's Mizner Park. They do have several more clothing stores though, including a Mephisto store. Boca Raton: Maus & Hoffman on Palmetto Park Rd, if you like J. Press, M&H is right up your alley, they also have a large location on Worth Ave, close to the RL store. Mizner Park has nothing worth viewing, even though it's a major tourist attraction. Although, if you like horology, Les Bijoux is worth a visit. Loehmann's on Glades Rd (I can't recall the name of the plaza its in, and I live 7 minutes away.) has never led me to much sartorial success. Town Center Mall: (what can I say, but: oy vey.) major departments stores include: Saks, Bloomingdale's, Burdines, Nordstrom's, Sears (which is the store which most epitomizes the sartorial art, of course), then there is the typical barrage of stores: LV, Hugo Boss, GAP, Banana Republic, a newly installed Burberrys, and a newly renovated and expanded RL store (ask for Krista, tell her Jon sent you, trust me on this) BTW: good luck finding a parking spot in Town Center, because the fucking old people drive 3 mph, and can't see for shit. (Sorry, I'll keep my rants to myself; serenity now, serenity now, SERENITY NOW.). The Galleria Mall (on Sunrise Blvd, right before the bridge over the inter-costal waterway, be careful to stay on the right side, because the road splits into two directions and one takes you east, the other takes you north {you think that's a badly designed road? Wait til' you drive in Coral Gables. muhahahaHAHAHAHA.}) Just another mall, recently renovated and expanded, but except for a decent Structure / Express (or whatever the company is calling its self these days) they pretty much have what every other mall has: a large NM (not bad overall, but I like the Worth Ave / Merrick Park), Saks (Boca Town center / Worth Ave has a better selection IMHO). Sawgrass Mills (also on Sunrise Blvd, just at the opposite end of Broward County, whereas The Galleria is almost as east as you can get, Sawgrass is about as west as you can get; seriously if you keep driving on Sunrise westbound you eventually hit the Florida Everglades.): the world famous architectural monstrosity, designed in the shape of an alligator (crocodile?) by a sadomasochist architect because the structure is not circular, thus if you park at one end and walk towards the other, you have to transverse the entire mall to get back to your car. You'll see what I mean. Tons of stores, everything from NM last call, Off 5th Saks, Puma, Adidas, RL, Nordstrom's, Brooks Brothers outlet, etc...(do a goggle search for Sawgrass Mills to check out the huge list of stores). Since it is primarily an "outlet" mall, finding what you want is most definitely hit or miss). Aventura Mall: Another mall, what can I say? They have a Bloomingdale's, and (I think) a Saks, and some other stores, yay. (You can feel my enthusiasm). I don't know who has a worse parking problem, Town Center or the Aventura Mall, either way bring a Glock, you'll need it. Bal Harbour Shops (on Collins in front of the Sheraton, in you guessed it: Bal Harbour) costs as much as stuff on Worth Ave, tons of designer stroes: E. Zegna and Zegna Sport, Brooks Brothers, Domenico Vacca, D & G, Ralph Lauren, Paul & Shark (was being renovated last time I was there, so may not be opened, FYI), Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Malo, etc...(you get the point...just go to the shops web site and check out the list). They do have two kick ass sneaker stores: Lulu's (they have another store in Town Center Mall) and Addict, as well as Sergio Rossi, Tods and Salvatore Ferragamo. South Beach: A whole amalgam of stores spanning about 4 (or 5?) blocks...the highlight is a Barneys Co-op and it sucks. If you are around the area, you might as well check it out, plus the beach is right there, so go for the beach and just pop into the stores when it gets too dark. They are usually open late. Oh. There is also a decent Benetton and Sisley (next to each other) that are worth checking out if you can fit into their very slim clothes (or just purchase items 2-3 sizes bigger and watch them shrink to your size in the washing machine). The Village at Merrick Park: first of, good luck finding it, if Broward county's roads are badly designed, wait till you drive on Miami-Dade counties. Anyways, there is a Neiman Marcus, and a Nordstrom's. There is also A Bottega Veneta, a Loro Piana store, a very large Burberrys (with life sized sheep as decorations.), yet another Benetton, Canali, Etro, Ted Baker, etc... Downtown Miami: not much in the way of clothing, Morays Jewelers is a very nice and established jeweler if you find yourself in downtown (or close to Bayside). Hope you speak Spanish, cus it helps [​IMG] . Yes, I know this shows shopping all over the SoFla area, but to be honest there is nothing in Delray. Jon.

10. stevo4

stevo4 Senior Member

Thanks for the long post. I'll print it out for the trip. My folks know where most of the places you've listed are. My mom rambles on about several of them every winter when i visit.

Thanks again.

stevo