• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disappointment - Proxy Service from the States to Canada

lexmann

Reaction score
frown.gif
Dear all, I would like to share with you my experience with the proxy service offered by one of our fellow members. Before that I would like to thank "mainy" our senior member to help me out with shipping of 2 polo sweaters from the States (Polo does not ship to Canada).

Mainy responded to emails very fast and posted my stuff promptly. From the arrival of the items to his place to his shipping them out was only a week's time. Very appreciated!!!

However with another fellow member, I must say I am very very upset. His replies are in red below.

11-24 my 1st request sent to him -> replied ok
11-28 placed my order with Polo and gave my shipping address
12-6 asked him for postage so I could pay him -> item arrived his home
12-7 placed an order with Bluefly, asked him to wait to ship out together -> no problem, was about to run to the post office
12-14 order from Bluefly arrived
12-15 -> received both, will ship out this week
12-20 -> apologized and promised to ship by 12-23
1-6 -> my stuff is blocking his way, please pay first
1-6 asked for his paypal info
1-7 -> gave his paypal info
1-7 sent postage + proxy fee (more than what he asked for)
1-7 -> said he received the $
1-15 asked if he sent them out
1-17 asked if he sent them out
1-18 -> apologized because he was busy, will ship out this afternoon
1-19 -> said he did not sent them yet as his address appeared in the billing address in the bluefly receipt
1-20 told him I have no idea but showed him my credit card statement that the order has been charged on my card already
1-23, 25 asked if he sent them out
1-26 -> will send them out tomorrow
2-1,3,6 asked if he sent them out
2-6 -> shipped out today, will give tracking no.
2-24 asked for tracking no.
2-25,26, 3-1 asked if he sent them out

What do you guys think I should do? It has been about 3 months...

Mr T

Reaction score
Out him publicly in this thread.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You waited 3 months to post this? You have the patience of a saint. The people demand justice.
pillory-stocks.jpg

Imperator

Reaction score
This thread can only end well.

Let's get on with it, shall we?

osc

Reaction score
That's quite a long wait - I commend you on the patience you've had as I probably would've taken more drastic measures earlier on. I say you give him/her 24-48 hours as a "last call" and let them explain themselves on this thread or via PM and, if not, then go public on this thread.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is look into a Paypal claim and hope it isn't already too late.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a package to arrive that was shipped on the 2nd of last month. I have had stuff take a while but this is begining to test my faith.

To date I have never had a issue with anyone on this board and suspect that I never will but shipping/proxies can drive one crazy.

Mr T

Reaction score
Does anyone else secretly hope that Conne is somehow involved in this?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have spent extra to travel to his location to settle this in person after 2 weeks.

lexmann

Reaction score
Hi guys, I think its time for me to disclose this gentleman's user name. I still did not receive anything from him. The time that he said he would send the stuff by that Saturday was Mar 6 - almost one month ago.

his are in red:

total US$178.83 (bluefly 81.89+7.95shipping, polo 62.66, paypal 26.00). these figures can easily be found on the all the receipts.

don't bull **** anymore, including you say the money i sent to you is not through. you are wasting my time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by playdohh22 regarding your last PM, i completely understand why you are angry, and know it was your last resort. i do not fault you for being so upset. you have been very patient. and it has been a long while since i had the goods. to tell you the truth one of the reasons i never shipped out the goods is because the money you sent me is not through. i can't use the money you sent to my PayPal. so, if i sent you the goods, i would be losing $25. but i just decided to take that loss. you can report to the police, if that is what you choose. what is the cost? what do i owe you?

Quote:Originally Posted by lexmann where is my money???

Quote:Originally Posted by lexmann well, i don't receive any tracking no. from you, and i don't receive any payment notice from paypal, so i think taking this case to the NYPD would be the only choice. i have your name, your mailing address and all our messages on hand.

Quote:Originally Posted by playdohh22 if i don't ship your stuff out by saturday. i'll refund you your cost of the goods. you have my word on it.

indy116

Reaction score
His profile says he is 17. Don't call the cops, call his parents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads