• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior..

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
sorry for starting a new thread but I posted in the pea coat section and no one answered...I also searched and didn't come upon nething so i made an effort.

I was at barneys the other day looking to buy a pair of dior raws. jeans were sweet but IMO they were not 200$ nicer than A.P.C so i decided to opt out. The sales person handed me a Dior toggle pea coat to try on. this was the first real high end pea coat ive seen and I thought the quality was beyond nice..it was extremely comfortable and was one of the first coats that fit me perfectly (im 6'4 and around 155 pounds so skinny). I'm wondering if the 1800 dollar price tag is because of the name or if its 1800$ quality and If the price is that high because of the name what other companies have similar quality pieces for less price.

thanks

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buy buy buy
bounce2.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
I have money to spend on a winter jacket but 1800 is really steep...i would wait for it to drop. I dont have any experience with other brand pea coats so Im wondering if the quality is reall worth it

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
why would you buy an 1800 dollar peacoat made by dior

Local_Disk

Reaction score
If you spend that much on a peacoat (which is probably marked up by 1000% easy), you might as well get a custom peacoat, such as one from ToJ. At least then you'd be getting your moneys worth with all the effort and custom fitting that will go into it.

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

I didnt buy it but Im saying it was the nicest pea coat ive seen. I understand theres a major markup so im wondering what brands are worth it?

Ive read of about TOJ but I cant find a retail store that carries them.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

Why not?

Are you talking about the hooded toggle jacket? That piece is sick. I would have no problem dropping $1800 for it if I wasn't broke.

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Why not?

Are you talking about the hooded toggle jacket? That piece is sick. I would have no problem dropping $1800 for it if I wasn't broke.

yeah the hooded toggle jacked with the ribbed hood. im close to broke but the jacket was really nice...btw yeasayyer is a great band.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has to be one godlike peacoat

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife
yeah the hooded toggle jacked with the ribbed hood. im close to broke but the jacket was really nice...btw yeasayyer is a great band.

Okay a couple things then.

1. It's not a peacoat at all...Visually, I think it's a lot more interesting of a piece than a peacoat.
2. You're pretty well built for fashiony type clothing...maybe a little too tall but brands like dior are geared towards skinny people.
3. Yes they are. I hope to see them live one day.

horton

Reaction score
if you really love it and will wear the hell out of it then it will be worth it. Yes, it would be great if it were on sale, but often sales are too late (i.e., you miss key time) or they're on sale for a reason (i.e., doesn't fit quite right, or some other issue). Many SFers distort the process with too much emphasis on sales or illusory bargains.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horton
if you really love it and will wear the hell out of it then it will be worth it. Yes, it would be great if it were on sale, but often sales are too late (i.e., you miss key time) or they're on sale for a reason (i.e., doesn't fit quite right, or some other issue). Many SFers distort the process with too much emphasis on sales or illusory bargains.

I don't get why people have this belief that if you spend a ton of money on an item of clothing you are obligated to "wear the hell out of it." It kind of cheapens the experience of wearing awesome clothes if you're putting it on everyday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads