1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dior ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mike C., Apr 14, 2004.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

In the past week I've literally become obsessed with Dior monogramed ties like this one [​IMG] Â The styling on these ties is usually simple, which I like, and they're the best size (3" wide). Does anyone know if they still make these ties, what the retail is on them, and the quality. I was furious when someone on eBay outbid me by $0.50 on this tie.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

I haven't seen them at retail but when my eye caught the $.50 in your post I assumed you got it at a thrift store. I have seen them there for almost nothing. I'll have to keep my eye out now if they are worth selling on ebay.

3. fareau

fareau Senior member

I know what you mean. If I am going to lose an auction, I want to lose BIG. When I lose by only cents, I always wonder if the other guy's max bid was only a dollar or two more than mine. [​IMG]

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

It probably not worth the hassle; this one went for the highest I've seen, $7.50, others go for usually less than $5 or not at all.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I believe those are the licensed items that were produced from the 70's to the mid 90's. Then all the licenses were retracted for reasons of restructure/brand image, and Dior Homme by Slimane came into existence. Needless to say the quality difference as well as price is vast.

It's much the same for the revival of YSL.