• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dior raw denims

masterpp

Reaction score
dior raw denims

are the cut of the 21's and the 19's any differnt. i mean obviously they are narrower at the hem, but what about the overal shape and rise of the jeans.

which would you go for, ps i like the looser comfy look even with dior rather than nutcracker look

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think both are the same, with the 19 tapering a bit more from the knee down. for a bit looser fit you need to get the dior eternals. pm jean_connoisseur23 for the details on those. ive heard they are amazing.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no... he wont. trust me.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Ahaz too?

21s are pretty decent. you really should try them on and check out the look in the mirror well before buying a pair.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Here's my thing, since I haven't been able to try on Diors (what good would it do, anyway? I can't afford them, so it'd be a gigantic tease): 21cm is pretty close to the hem on a pair of New Standards, and AFAIK the rise isn't too much different either. Even if the rise on the Diors is lower, shouldn't the Hipster work just as well? And from everything I've heard, the denim, while not identical, is of pretty similar quality. Branding issues aside, if you're going to get them raw, why not just go for the APCs? Or am I just another cheap mofo?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because everyone has APCs :p

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well... not another cheapmofo... id get the diors over apc any day.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Because everyone has APCs :p

I guess that's what does it for some people, yeah. I mean, hell, part of me sees a Dior ad and says, "dude, I need some Dior jeans", but in the end exclusivity and branding just aren't worth it for me. Whatever, though, not trying to cramp anyone else's style.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the fit could differ too, kinda hard to tell without trying them on. I have never bothered either (or with NS for that matter, only Hipsters) so I can't really compare them either.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I guess that's what does it for some people, yeah. I mean, hell, part of me sees a Dior ad and says, "dude, I need some Dior jeans", but in the end exclusivity and branding just aren't worth it for me. Whatever, though, not trying to cramp anyone else's style.

From measurements taken by a poster (who studies fashion design might I ad) on another forum, his dior19CM have pretty similar proportions to his APC Cure. Frankly I love the dior pockets (especially the soft lining) and the light denim is pretty comfortable but you're much better off with APC. I'd say the difference in fit is mainly how Dior has a slightly slouchier seat along with their fitted legs, which I like.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
From measurements taken by a poster (who studies fashion design might I ad) on another forum, his dior19CM have pretty similar proportions to his APC Cure. Frankly I love the dior pockets (especially the soft lining) and the light denim is pretty comfortable but you're much better off with APC. I'd say the difference in fit is mainly how Dior has a slightly slouchier seat along with their fitted legs, which I like.

I actually like that look, too. Though with APC stretchiness, five minutes of deep knee bends will probably get you there.
wink.gif

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
nothing really worry not
smile.gif
not having tried on diors i'm in no position to compare dior vs APC, but i like APC alot. and i've tried a fair amount of various raw denims so i'm not justbeing daft.

Verb

Reaction score
I've owned the 17, 19, and 21 cm versions of the raw Dior's at one point or another and to be honest, it's not worth wasting your time on the 21's. Go for a pair of APC or Acne's if you want that fit as it will save you some serious cash. The 'Dior look' is only accomplished via 17/19's (or a pair of Acne Max
wink.gif
).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads