• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior Question

Ahaz

Reaction score
I have a pair of Italian denim 21 cm Dior jeans in size 28 sitting on my table right now. I ordered them recently, and went with the 21 cm thinking that they would actually be smaller than that on the size 28.

Not so. They're pretty baggy on me. I've seen the pictures of the guy on Superfuture with the 21 cm diors, and they look nothing like that. I'm set to return them for a pair of 19 cm, but I have a problem. I can get the 19 cm in either Japanese or Italian denim.

I was thinking about going with the Japanese denim, just because it's nicer (in theory), and being a denim nut is about wasting your money on things no one will care about but you. I've seen some claims, however, that the Japanese and Italian denim models fit differently, with the Japanese model being much tighter.

I think that a 7.5" hem (roughly 19cm) is a good look on me. That's what my Mics are, and they fit me great. The Dior I have now, though are an 8" hem and they are WAY too baggy on me. Not fitted at all in any part of the leg. Will the 19 cm Italian jeans be too loose, but with a taper? Will the Japanese 19 cm do the 'getting-smaller-with-smaller-sizes' thing I hear about, and end up being a sub 7" hem?

Inquiring minds want to know your thoughts and opinions. I realize I probably won't get any hard facts, but conjecture is welcome.

viking_mike

Reaction score
if your waist is 28" you will more likely need a 26 or 27. also the hem will be smaller than 19cm...i think they start changing (getting smaller) at a size <30 or something. i know a 26 in a 21cm cut measures 18cm

minya

Reaction score
It's pretty confusing. Here's my Dior Homme saga:

1) tried on black 19cm Japanese jeans at Saks 5th; fit 100% perfectly, loved the **** out of them

2) attempted to order 19cm indigo jeans from Luisaviaroma; apparently I ordered 21cm instead; became dismayed and tried to return, to no avail

3) ordered 19cm indigo Japanese jeans from Browns in London, on impulse

4) decide to keep 21cm Japanese indigo jeans from Luisa after deciding that they fit me perfectly, which they do, although I should probably get them hemmed

5) receive Japanese 19cm indigo jeans from Browns today and realize they are tight as ****, much tighter than the black ones I tried on at Saks (?????) These fit perfectly everywhere except the thigh, where they are tight as hell. Waist and hips are perfect. I've already noticed some stretching in the thigh area (at the end of the day) so I'm hoping that with a few days of wear, the thighs will stretch a bit and these will fit me perfectly like the very first pair of black ones I tried on at Saks.

my suggestion: go with the Japanese, and let the F***ers stretch out. The JApanese ones are made of very, very nice denim, and they're very well made (chainstitched and felled seams all throughout...)

Ahaz

Reaction score
I'm a true 30, so the 28 fit me perfectly in the waist.

minya

my suggestion: go with the Japanese, and let the F***ers stretch out. The JApanese ones are made of very, very nice denim, and they're very well made (chainstitched and felled seams all throughout...)
Thanks for the input. I ordered from Brown's too. The only thing I'm worried about is if they're going to fit like Hobokens/the women's skinny PumaxEvisu. Tight is good, but denim leggings not so much. Do you remember how the hem compared between the two 19 cm models? The calf?

Dior needs a website that explains this **** better
frown.gif

denim_noobie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya

Dior Homme Saga

Why did you decide not to go with the black raw diors? I've been trying to find some pictures comparing the indigo and black and haven't had much luck. I know I could play it safe with the Indigo dior's, but I'm wondering whether the black raws are a greyish/charcoal shade or asphalt like the Rag & Bone RB6b. I've heard the black raws don't fade well and that's kind of turned me off from them.

Ahaz

Reaction score
I like the way these Dior's fit, and would also be happy with a little skinnier. EDIT: ****, the more I look, the more I think these fit perfectly. Very, very nice. Ordering sight unseen is hard. If you check out the pictures on Browns, the Japanese 19 cm are much, much skinnier looking that the Italian. The 19 cm Italians don't look very much different than the 21 cm in the thigh area, although it's hard to tell from the crappy pics. I think I'm leaning towards Minya's advice, although part of me wants to order both to get a full comparison. The good thing about Dior, I guess, is that you should never have a problem eBaying them for a good amount. I'm still looking for any other opinions you guys might have.

tangerine

Reaction score
Welcome back!

My opinion is that you should get the Japanese denim in a 19cm, and sell those ^ to me.
wink.gif

Ahaz

Reaction score
Thanks buddy
smile.gif
. That's just some random dude from SuperFuture, I think. I've had it for a while. If I owned those Diors, I would be ********** with three women on an airplane on my way to a modeling job in Paris. Instead I'm sitting in my underwear posting on the internet about jeans, waiting for my laundry to dry so I can go to bed.
frown.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pic makes me want a pair :p though, I don't think they'd be a match for my body type. Maybe I'll drive down to the Dior Homme boutique and check them out.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denim_noobie
Why did you decide not to go with the black raw diors?
Because I'm an indecisive moron, pretty much.
I've been trying to find some pictures comparing the indigo and black and haven't had much luck. I know I could play it safe with the Indigo dior's, but I'm wondering whether the black raws are a greyish/charcoal shade or asphalt like the Rag & Bone RB6b. I've heard the black raws don't fade well and that's kind of turned me off from them.
The black ones I tried on looked interesting. They were very dark (sort of like asphalt, I guess), but not overdyed -- you could clearly see that the weft (or warp, hell, I don't know) was left white. However, the thign that turned me off was that all the stitching was black. Even the back pockets. And I love the back pocket darts. Still, in retrospect, I should have bought the black 19cm's... and then bought a pair of the Japanese indigo 21cm's. Ahaz, my 21cm's fit pretty close to that. here's a terrible picture of my 19cm jeans edit: I'm totally hemming and hawing over whether these 19cm's are just too tight, and whether to keep them. If anyone wants a pair of Japanese 19cm Dior jeans in size 32, contact me now
tongue.gif

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
That pic makes me want a pair :p though, I don't think they'd be a match for my body type. Maybe I'll drive down to the Dior Homme boutique and check them out.
Maybe I'll meet you there and punch you in the face for being able to try this **** on.
mad.gif
Originally Posted by minya
Ahaz, my 21cm's fit pretty close to that. here's a terrible picture of my 19cm jeans
Man, I like the 19 cm on you. I think they might make me look too skinny, but I'm digging them on you for sure. Maybe I should look into the 21 cm Japanese model. Luisaviaroma is confusing me though. They only list one 21 cm jean, and dont' say what kind of denim it is. I wish Browns stocked them, it would make this a lot easier.

minya

Reaction score
Browns had both the 21cm and 19cm Japanese last I checked... or are their 21cm's Italian?

eastcoastrider, I'd let them go for $260 shipped to the USA, probably. (They've been worn for a day.) Their true waist should be close to 16", maybe 16.5" by now -- these are pretty close to true to size.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Hey Minya, Did you get your VAT tax back? On Brown's website they said that people outside the EC get their vat back. Did you get by customs without getting nailed?

minya

Reaction score
yeah, they gave me a discount of about 23 pounds when I completed my order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads