1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dior Homme Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jokerman, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I gaze upon these sullen, wasted little sticks gazing blankly in the middle distance... and I can only pray to the sartorial gods that I don't look anything like that.

I need to go eat 5-6 cheeseburgers stat.

I mean, horrible horrible horrible. Does anyone - men, women, gay, straight, and everyone in between - find this even the slightest bit attractive? My only response - other than the cheeseburgers - is to cross Dior Homme off my list for good.

You know, male sexuality is worth celebrating. Zombified cadavers of stick figures... not so much.

Why cross dior homme off our good list because of the models? Your not buying the models your buying the clothes.

2. novqilin

novqilin Senior member

I do think the whole look is not very attractive

but could look good on me , given that i'm asian with narrow shoulders

3. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

black label is slim, but i feel that you need to be on the athletic side and haev broad shoulders to look good in them

4. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

the model singled out looks like peter crouch, the worlds greatest goal scorer

5. literasyme

literasyme Senior member

Which world would that be?

6. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

the same sad world in which he is largely unappreciated. it is my suspicion that 2006-2007 he had the greatest goals per minutes ratio in europe. watch the man, hes a genious. do not listen to the critics. same people who were saying deco was crap before the euro for example.

7. kindofdishy

kindofdishy New Member

Im going to be buying my first suit this summer and since im Slim and have a European build I think I am going to go with Dior Homme since there other clothes fit me well. I want to know a) How is the Quality? b) Do they have more then the grey with penstripe suits? c) Im looking for something that I could wear for nice events and just out around town or to school. d) Do ou think I could find there suits at Barneys in boston or should I go to the Dior Homme store in New York? Thanks for the help.

What´s a "European build"? Im really curious now - is that like a household expression? Being European Ive noticed that some american sf-members wear suits that look like tents but I thought that was the american way and not a way 2 cover up them being a wide-ass..... a body shape being unusual amongst educated people IME.

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

What´s a "European build"?
    Is this a trick question? [​IMG]

9. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

10. lee lin

lee lin Senior member

check out the thick as thieves thread in the streetwear forum and see if you like the style.

11. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Male Anorexia is a problem thats been overlooked for so long.

Ugh. Get them a sandwich. Also, ugly suits.

12. Robwynge

Robwynge Senior member

When fashion trends go to their extreme limit, the trend usually comes to an end in a season or two. Think low-rider jeans for girls. A few years ago, they were so low they almost qualified as lingerie, and by next year the trend started to reverse. I mention this because the lapels on those Dior suits can hardly get any thinner. Menswear moves more slowly than women's, but I suspect we will soon start to see more designers going in the other direction. Tom Ford already has wide lapel suits, and he just won the CFDA award for men's fashion this year, so...

13. spanisheyes

spanisheyes Member

I am a little bit sick of hearing and reading comments deriding people who are skinny or slim. Would it be acceptable if they were overweight. It reeks of jealousy and insecurity, obviously people with their own weight problems rip on so called skinny types, it's the same thing you see in tabloids, with the skinny vs fat celebrity articles.

If you're fat, deal with it, put down that hamburger and do some sports, don't attack people who are skinnier than you.

Some people are very tall and slim. and therefore skinny. It's doesn't necessarily means they are anorexic or sick.

I know I get these deriding comments all the time, I am 6ft5, I exercise, swim, eat normally but I don't drink alcohol or eat crap like chips etc... Therefore I am slim/skinny, I have been like this all my life. It doesn't mean I am a sick person. Would you say Peter Crouch is unhealthy because of his appearance? He is a professional footballer i think his health is ok.

People's insecurities about their own weight problems leading to deriding slimmer/skinnier body types is a little bit pathetic, guess it's the "in thing" to do and acceptable in this obese world.

These guys on the pictures certainly don't look sick or unhealthy, they do have stupid zoolander stares though, I'll give you that.

14. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

you're stupid.

15. spanisheyes

spanisheyes Member

Am I? Please think about it, would this kind of comment: "Zombified cadavers of stick figures" sullen, "wasted little sticks" be considered acceptable if they were similar in tone and refered to people were overweight, or very short or of a specific race? I think it would be considered offensive.

Anyway I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone, I am just expressing my opinion.

16. jojobubu

jojobubu Well-Known Member

I have a few dior homme suits and I am very happy with them. I would advise you going with a more traditional dior suit though. The traditional dior suit cut has not changed since Slimane, at least as far as I can tell. The traditional black suit would probably be your best bet since you want a suit for formal occasions or for wearing out at night and the cut is slim but not too slim. I have seen Dior suits in similar patterns and cuts as RLBL suits including navy and pinstripe. The standard suit is going to cost you $1800-2200 at least. The dior store in NY is fairly limited but has the black suit and has some navy and gray ones last time I was in. Anyway hope that helps.

17. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Am I? Please think about it, would this kind of comment: "Zombified cadavers of stick figures" sullen, "wasted little sticks" be considered acceptable if they were similar in tone and refered to people were overweight, or very short or of a specific race? I think it would be considered offensive.

Anyway I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone, I am just expressing my opinion.

Just because some people are naturally thin does not mean that male anorexia does not exist...

18. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

who gives a shit? Its a forum. You bumped a very old thread to have a monologue. Nobody fucking cares about your feelings.

19. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I wholeheartedly support male anorexia.

20. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Senior member

Dior Homme suits are high quality and if they fit your silhouette, then they are better than generic RL stuff.