• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior Homme Suit..worth it?

Brian SD

Reaction score
So far yes, but you'll have to outbid me, and probably another 30 or so kids dying to get a 36r d-homme suit. My guess is it will hit $1k by the last hour.

Sevcom

Reaction score
Dude, a Dior 36R is slim, slim, slim. You'd better make sure it fits before you commit, though I guess you could resell it on eBay. Also, the trousers have been altered, so I don't know if that affects the look too much. Otherwise, it's a great price. But be prepared to pay much more than that.

Brian SD

Reaction score
15 bids and 4 days left, it's GOING to get a lot higher. And it's not THAT slim. For many of us sticks, a standard 36R is too loose.

Sevcom

Reaction score
And it's not THAT slim. For many of us sticks, a standard 36R is too loose.
Lucky. I'm speaking solely from my experience as a 38/40, and I always have to size up to a 42 in Dior Homme.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, 16 inch wide shoulders is slim.  very very very slim.  like, you've never lifted more than the weight of a pencil in your life slim.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if you could lift your own weight with shoulders that measure 16 inches across, much less a pencil. That is slim like slim ain't slim.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously. My shoulders are 17.5". 16 inches is like 15-year-old slim.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
I actually think that either the seller incorrectly measured the shoulders or the arm holes are cut on an angle, in which the seams are closer together in the rear, and the seller measured the narrowest point. I don't think that the suit is as small as many of you make it out to be.
If one of you gents wins, you can let us know. I'm sitting this one out.

Dan

Brian SD

Reaction score
I will pay up to $500 but like I said I think its going to go a lot higher than that. I have several designer jackets with 16-16.5" shoulders. One of them is a Dior Homme. It's more narrow than usual but I prefer too narrow to too wide, as it makes my head look and chest look very small. Oh, and I DO workout at the gym quite often and can press a bit more than my body weight (but not much, as one might assume
smile.gif
. I just have very square, narrow shoulders. In the case of Dior Homme this works out very nicely for me.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I would have been interested in the suit but 2 things will stop me from getting it:

-Too many inexperienced bidders already placing bids on the suit even though the auction won't finish before a few days. These people will drive the price through the roof because they don't know what they're doing.

-Already 2 zero feedback buyers helping to raise the price make me suspicious. It seems to me like the seller is trying to use devious means to make more money. Should I report this to ebay considering I may be wrong?

BTW imho those 16 shoulders are just a case of bad measurements or strange cut.

Brian SD

Reaction score
You're right. I hadn't been looking at the bidding history. It DOES seem curious to me that there has one bidder bidding the **** out of it that had their account created two days after the auction started. Hmmm...

Brian SD

Reaction score
And whoever this Sambora fellow is that is bidding like a moron has really bad taste in music.
smile.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Where do you usually get your dior homme stuff? I'm pretty slim so I really like the cut and might want to acquire one suit in 2005.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Where do you usually get your dior homme stuff? I'm pretty slim so I really like the cut and might want to acquire one suit in 2005.
Yoox turns up some stuff every once in a while. Unfortunately, it can't be had at the discounts that most other labels can be found at. You could also hit the boutique at the end of season.

Dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads