Dior being worn.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mattjames, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Way to rage against the machine, maaaaaaaan.

2. Qubaduck

Qubaduck Well-Known Member

Way to rage against the machine, maaaaaaaan.

this thread got derailed pretty fast...

3. Kid609

Kid609 Senior member

4. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

if you actually worked with AIDS patients maybe you'd get upset when people used AIDS victim to describe someone emaciated. it's not a hyperbole, it's being stupid.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay, that enough about "Aids patients" from everyone. Seriously. It was offensive, but it doesn't warrant a flame war over. Everyone, move on.

6. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Fok: I said that the discussion is done.

7. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

Fok: Done, done, done.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hey guys,

If you want to discuss political correctness and/or AIDS, take it to current events please. Seriously. The streetwear forum is for dicussion of things like $350 jeans, and I've always liked it that people are always chill around here, excepting the occasional heated exchange about something irrelevant like whether Ed Hardy t-shirts suck hard or not.

I really like pretty much everyone on this forum. Don't make me put anyone in time out.

9. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Is the Dior look basically created by the slim claves and the bunching?

I know that there are other aspects in fit and denim quality, but from what I can see the differentiating thing is the calves...

What think ye??

K

10. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Is the Dior look basically created by the slim claves and the bunching?

I know that there are other aspects in fit and denim quality, but from what I can see the differentiating thing is the calves...

What think ye??

K

Well, in the upper body I think it's all about creating a slim, straight shape, and basically eliminating waist-chest taper.

11. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

yeah, I can see that on the over all look. I was asking the question more about the Dior jeans that are quite hot right now

K

12. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Figured I 'd post now things have calmed down.

I have the Dior's in Y/D Black and Pink Pigment, I love them both, and don't regret the cost or the critique of this item from the Anti Hip Brigade trolling this forum.

To answer any fit questions the leg is cut straight and long to give the previously mentioned bunching at the ankles, I have fairly big calves and don't have any problems with fit here. The dart at the hip does take some getting used to, I've definately stretched out the jeans after multiple wears, it initially feels very restricting. There is no ease in the front pockets, good luck answering your cell phone if you put it in one of the front pockets!.

If anyone is kind enough to give me a heads up on posting pics I'll throw down my first Style Forum Picture Submission. As one of the Industry members on this forum I should probably provide more content of interest.

13. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

I have the Dior's in Y/D Black and Pink Pigment, I love them both, and don't regret the cost or the critique of this item from the Anti Hip Brigade trolling this forum.

To answer any fit questions the leg is cut straight and long to give the previously mentioned bunching at the ankles, I have fairly big calves and don't have any problems with fit here. The dart at the hip does take some getting used to, I've definately stretched out the jeans after multiple wears, it initially feels very restricting. There is no ease in the front pockets, good luck answering your cell phone if you put it in one of the front pockets!.

If anyone is kind enough to give me a heads up on posting pics I'll throw down my first Style Forum Picture Submission. As one of the Industry members on this forum I should probably provide more content of interest.

time to ante up. btw-good to be talking about $350 jeans again-I had to skim through a lot of crap to get to this.

14. minya

minya Senior member

what is Y/D black?

I own a pair of Japanese raw 21cms and earlier orange overdye 21cms. I love the hell out of both. The Japanese raws have quickly become my favorite jeans, actually -- they just fit me perfectly. I don't really fit into the 19cm versions, but the 21cms fit me perfectly. (I wouldn't mind if they were a size smaller, though)

15. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I dont know how to do it, but I would be very interested in pics. Particularly of the dart if you can manage.

Someone help this man!!!

Thanks,

K