• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior 21cm online order question and rambling

capnpyro

Reaction score
After searching the forums for the last hour I decided I'm going to buy a pair of Dior 21's as my next pair of project jeans to replace my defunct SD 103's that are in a constant state of looking like they're unbuttoned when I put them on (it looks like a fat man wearing a to tight shirt), and to replace my further defunct Nudie BO's that were my favorite denim of all time that up and disintegrated one day.

But I digress. I'm figuring on ordering from eluxury but can't tell if these are italian or japanese versions (I'd prefer japanese from the minor differences I've seen), and if there's any other retailers (e-tailers?) out there that give you a bit more information.

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/produc...SectionID=7000
Are these them? 21 inch, what? http://www.brownsfashion.com/BrownsF...omme/80896.htm

It's strange ordering sight unseen which is why I'm avoiding the 19cm's, I know when to tight is to tight and it looks like those will be it.

I was originally looking at PBJ 005's but ordering off Rakuten is such a pain **********. I'm not a huge denimhead like most of you, I just like having a nice pair of good fitting raw denim to break in and I like how the Dior 21s look in the various pictures I've seen. They have a nice fitted look without being stupidly tight which I don't want (like I said my BO's fit nearly ideal), and I like the idea of them being soft compared to the plywood like Dartis. If there's anything else that'd fit this some-what-demanding denim wearers needs that's easily orderable let me know.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PBJ 005 is available at Blue in Green, no need for Rakuten.

Ott

Reaction score
the ones on eluxury are italy made, and will be a whole lot "baggier" (by dior standards) than the made in Japans. The hem on my italian diors is something like 8.2 inches- not skinny at all.

EDIT- eluxury, browns, and luisaviaroma are the only online stockists of DH afaik, but you can call one of the Dior boutiques and they should be able to ship you a pair if you're in the US.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
PBJ 005 is available at Blue in Green, no need for Rakuten.
Yeah, they're out of 32's, I haven't been whoring their site long enough to notice their restock period.
Originally Posted by Ott
the ones on eluxury are italy made, and will be a whole lot "baggier" (by dior standards) than the made in Japans. The hem on my italian diors is something like 8.2 inches- not skinny at all. EDIT- eluxury, browns, and luisaviaroma are the only online stockists of DH afaik, but you can call one of the Dior boutiques and they should be able to ship you a pair if you're in the US.
To the first part: ARGH. To the second part: Good idea, thanks! [Edit: I'm dumb, I live in LA. There's a Dior store on Rodeo in Beverly Hills. Duh. I am lazy, however.]

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's always the Self Edge x Iron Heart Dior 21cm repro.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's always the Self Edge x Iron Heart Dior 21cm repro.

Still waiting for it to come out somtime in March, I believe. I'm really impressed with Iron Heart so far. I hope they'll have my size by the time it sells online.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I was under the impression that the Brut Diors were japanese made and the Nostalgy ones were the italian made ones. I'm not a huge dior head because of the price but someone told me that once.
Thanks for the lead, after a couple rounds of clever googling I found this
Originally posted by ishboo Well either way apparently the luisaviaroma guy was wrong, I just got this: "I wanted to update you about the Item Code 06V119 Dior Brut Denim 19cm Hem Jeans that are Euro 216.00. This pair is MADE in JAPAN thus the Euro 216.00. The 06V079 Nostalgy Brut Denim 19Cm jeans at Euro 172.00 – this pair is made in ITALY – therefore “less expensive”. I regret the confusion this may have caused."
So DH Brut = Japanese, DH Nostalgy Brut = Italian it looks like. That'd mean eluxury is safe, I think I'll stop by the Rodeo store this weekend just to be sure.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't the DH Japanese supposed to be $290?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't the DH Japanese supposed to be $290?

295 USD. 319.34 USD out the door sales tax included in California.

lowrey

Reaction score
Brut means raw in french. many stores refer to the Japanese ones as Brut and Italian ones as Nostalgy, but I wouldn't trust those terms 100%. for example eLuxury has them as "Brut", but it also says made in italy. the ones they have are italian ones, not japanese.

what goes for differences between the models, the japanese ones are slightly slimmer and in my opinion slightly better fitting. the leg opening for example on a size 31 is 20.5cm ans on the italians its 21.5cm. overall not a huge difference, basically the same fit.

grapz

Reaction score
do u know if the dior stores shipt o canada

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grapz
do u know if the dior stores shipt o canada
Dior Las Vegas
the wynn las vegas
3131 las vegas boulevard south
las vegas, nv 89109
telephone \t702 735-1345
fax \t702 735-0439

Dior Beverly Hills Men
315 N Rodeo Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 247-8003 - close call
diorhomme.com

May as well give one a call and see.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're already in a pretty steep price range with the Italians, so maybe it's not such a big deal, but is there a significant enough difference between the Italian and Japanese denim to justify the extra $55? Or are they not even close, and is paying $295 of Japanses are much better deal? I realize I'd probably be flamed to death on SuFu for such heresy...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads