1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dining/side chairs

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gomestar, May 12, 2013.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Rud Rasmussen a friend of mine did his apprenticeship there, he had to be an errainboy for 2 years before they let him become an apprentice.

They are and i think they are the second or third most common tourists in Denmark.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Interesting, the work I've seen from Rasmussen has all been pretty awesome.

3. A Y

A Y Senior member

My furniture guy whose high-end lines consist of Knoll, Cassina, and Georgetti says that he makes far less money (40% markup) on his high-end stuff than the low-end stuff he sells to people who blanch at $1k/foot couches. The lead times to America from Italy are apparently dominated entirely by getting enough stuff to fill a shipping container. You basically wait until there's enough stuff coming from Italy to make the trip worthwhile.

The low-end stuff ironically is made in LA, and is ugly as sin.

In case you think this is different for high-tech manufacturing, it's not. Unless you are Apple or some other high volume manufacturer who orders the entire output of a factory, you have to wait for a shipping container from China to fill before it will ship too. We had a fan we needed for a device we design and manufacture, and had to wait something like 18 weeks to get it because of the shipping issue.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  4. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    here's a crazy one. this popped up on a search for wegner chairs. the price is, literally, unbelievable. but it was advertised on amazon. and though they say it's a repro, they use wegner and hansen's names. how do they do this?

5. otc

otc Senior member

Not sure about using the Hansen name, but the rest of it is just a statement of fact: Wegner designed the wishbone chair.

I don't think there are any legal protections left on that chair in america. Wegner is the guy's name and I don't know that it is trade marked.

6. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

7. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

delivered

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

They forgot the concrete bases.

2 people like this.
  9. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

indeed. they're very lightweight, i think about 12 pounds each. the blue part looks different during the day with more sunlight than it does at night. we'll have you over again and you can bask in the lightweight glory compared to the 85 lbs ChairOnes.

1 person likes this.
  10. abcdefgok

abcdefgok New Member

I'll be able to try a bunch, though certainly not all. Comfort is not that important to me, only discomfort. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013