• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dimitri Bottier Demi-mesure shoes

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dimitri Gomez is not somebody who is written about often on this forum. He runs the bespoke operation for the Crockett and Jones shop in Paris and he is also the man who designed the 337 last. Along with his bespoke shoes he produces a limited number of demi-mesure shoes. These shoes are made the exact same way as the bespoke shoes and are fully customizable. There is literally no styling option that you cannot chang apart from the fac that the shoes are made on standard lasts. There are two forms available, the first is a round toe and the second a slightly square toe. I had the opportunity to meet Dimitri in Paris in September. Knowing that I would not be able to return for the fittings required for a bespoke shoe, I decided to try the demi-mesure program. I ordered a shoe that I have been lookg for for a good long time: the perfect three eyelet plain toe derby. I went with a light London Tan color and opted not to have it overly antiqued. The idea is for the shoe to darken over time and acquire it's own patina. From my point of view, M. Gomez translated my wishes perfectly into this pair of shoes. He is a nice, warm man who is a pleasure to deal with. I hope that you like them:
dgs003largelj2.jpg
dgs002largeaf2.jpg
dgs001largete6.jpg
dgslargero7.jpg

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice indeed! But they appear very light on my monitor.

Are the pictures true to color, or has the flash lightened them?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Color is pretty close to accurate on my monitor.

johninla

Reaction score
Those are beautiful shoes. I have looked at the CJ Paris site and they have a beatiful selection. Maybe you can tell me, why is CJ Paris so much different than CJ US?
Congrats on the shoes.
John

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
iammatt that is a very beautifully designed shoe. how long did it take, and mind my asking how much does it cost to do something like this through him?
wonderful monk.

http://www.dimitribottier.com/4.aspx Brian- That link should answer both questions. Mine took about six weeks.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
Thank you, does that site say 1200 Euro? not really sure, but that sounds pretty close to JL Prestige NM pricing. very decent.
Prices are very similar but the shoes are not. I love JL Paris, but the Dimitri Bottier line is a different animal altogether. I have both and plan to wear both. I would say that the JL Prestige would fall somewhere between the C&J Shoes and Dimitri Bottier.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
My understanding is that Gomez's half and full bespoke shoes are constructed the same way -- i.e., up to bespoke standards -- but that with full you get your own last, with half you don't. Is that accurate?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we see a picture of the sole by any chance?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
My understanding is that Gomez's half and full bespoke shoes are constructed the same way -- i.e., up to bespoke standards -- but that with full you get your own last, with half you don't. Is that accurate?
Yes, that is what my not so good ear for French understood. I put more faith in the fact that Alden said the same thing. The only thing that you are limited to is the last that you wanted. I think that both of the lasts are very elegant, and will probably try something on the round one next time around. Everything else from lining, sole treatment, heel, punching etc is selectable (?). In fact, he offered up more things to decide on than I really felt comfortable deciding. Construction is definitely by hand as much as bespoke. That is evident in the fact that you could not even begin to look for the welt under the waist as it is cut as tight as any I have ever seen.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Can we see a picture of the sole by any chance?

It is hard to see anything in the pictures as I did not ask him to paint the middle part. The sole does not have a fiddleback, but the edges are super rounded and cut very tight.

soleyh3.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads