• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diminish a shoe size?

Azure

Reaction score
Hi,

I have found a great shoes ,but they are in 44, mi size is 43.

Could shoes be diminished one size by adding some leather piece in that interior back side to narrow the space.

If I wear it, could I make some damage to my bone structure,due to non centered ones?

Thanks!

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose you could put an insole in there, but I wouldn't. You will never manage to make them a whole size smaller.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Shoes cannot be made smaller than they are. Is it substantially larger than your foot? If so, let it go. If it is not much bigger, you could also try thicker socks. As far as altering your bone structure, oh yes it is possible! Consider the 'Giraffe Women' of Thailand. Observe how a human neck can be stretched.
padaung-women.jpg
More here: http://www.wayfaring.info/2007/08/26...fe-women/?mobi http://images.google.ca/images?gbv=2...+women&spell=1 Bottom line....don't muck with your feet. Wear proper fitting and comfortable footwear.

Ed Sullivan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
Was not bad at all, like 1cm larger on the back of it.

Too large?

Try adhesive heel pads that go on the inner back. 1 cm sounds like quite a gap to me though.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Try adhesive heel pads that go on the inner back. 1 cm sounds like quite a gap to me though.

Yes, I was thinking about taking them to a shoe repair to add some leather on the inner back .

You mean too much space? Sorry about my english.

Should I buy them then?

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Poorly fitting shoes are a misery. I've never been satisfied with inserts, pads or thick socks. Just not worth it.
I agree Doc, but 1 cm is not that much (IMO again). I've managed that kind of space with a tongue pad without any harm on my feet.

Off course it depends of other factors, but it's doable...

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6
Shoes cannot be made smaller than they are.

Not always true. Alden, during their recraft process, can bring in a shoe by up to one width or 1/2 size. That being said, I'd probably pass on them.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd be annoyed as hell with every step I took if I bought shoes that were 1 cm too large. Why spend money on good shoes if they don't fit?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I've never been satisfied with inserts, pads or thick socks. Just not worth it.

+10.76

Regards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads