Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dillard's labor day sale...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Twotone, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

Picked up a HSM Gold Trumper navy blazer in my hard to find 39R size and light grey glen plaid dress slacks at their labor day weekend sale today. Blazer was $595, discounted 50% to $295, another 50% clearance down to $148. Same for the trousers $150 -> $75 -> $37.50. Also, two decent silk ties for $6.50 each. One of the better sales I've seen in a long time.

Twotone

2. hellodocks

hellodocks Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up. Cannot go, have absolutely exceeded all reasonable limits on spending in the past two weeks.

3. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

I'm a big fan of Dillards. They dont have the really high-end stuff, but some stores carry a decent selection and their sales are unbelievable. I have picked up several Hickey Freeman Sport Coats for around $200. They were running that same sale you mention a few weeks ago and I picked up two pairs of wool HSM trousers for $48.75. (started at $195 then 50% off and then another 50% off.)

4. cowboy08

cowboy08 New Member

I am looking at a black hickey freeman at Dillard's. Reg price $1500 sale price $488. Not sure what model. Is this a good quality hickey freeman? it's been marked down again and is on hold for me.

5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

No doubt this is a good value given the mark down. You do know that black suits are only considered proper for funerals, and events in the evenings, right?

6. cowboy08

cowboy08 New Member

Thanks for the advice re the color....i may hold off