• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Digital Eyeglass Lenses?

Fosterions

Reaction score
First a lesson learned - I wore a pair of Warby Parkers in a Finnish sauna and it baked the coatings on a pair of glasses. Lesson learned - don't wear glasses in the sauna.

So, I need a new pair. It has been years since I had bought glasses from a local optometrist. I've been using Clearly Contacts and Warby Parker and for the most part satisfied except I was never getting a pair that really fit my face (in look at least, maybe for my eyes too?). So I thought I'd at least check out a local optometrist before I hit Warby Parker up again. The local optometrist suggested I go with Essilor "digital lenses" because of my prescription (-6). It sounds like a marketing gimmick to me. Some manufacturers are calling them HD lenses. What's next? 4K? I've done some Googling and it kinda looks like a scam but there is some compelling merit behind the idea and I didn't see much firsthand experience that was informative.

Does anyone here have experience with digital lenses?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 54 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%