• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Digital camera: What you got?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my recent purchase to replace my prior Sony.

PanaCamera.jpg

It's a nice point-and-shoot, the Panasonic DMC-ZS3. Good enough for general purposes that I need.

-12X optical zoom
-Leica lense
-Very favorable reviews from all reputable sites

ssnyc

Reaction score
Leica D-Lux 4.

Great point and shoot. Was a nice birthday present from the gf.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Nikon D40 DSLR with a great new lens, a Nikkor 50mm 1.4. The camera body is a bit dated I guess but it takes great photos and the camera's capabilities far outstrip my photographic abilities for the moment. I also have a really old Sony point-and-shoot, I think it's the DSC-T3. I think it's about 6 years old now but it still does the trick for me. It's not very good in low light and the more modern cameras are much more sophisticated with flash and face recognition, but I haven't seen a need to replace it yet, especially since I bought my wife her own little Canon Powershot. I use the DSLR most of the time. I very nearly bought the new Sony the other day as an impulse buy (the TX1, I believe) because it was freaking tiny and sexy and shoots HD video. But I'm about to head to HK and figured the $$$ would be better spent on clothes.
smile.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday bought a Canon EOS XSi with the 18-200m lens kit. Haven't taken everything out of the box yet.
smile.gif

sjd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I have a Nikon D40 DSLR with a great new lens, a Nikkor 50mm 1.4. The camera body is a bit dated I guess but it takes great photos and the camera's capabilities far outstrip my photographic abilities for the moment.
I have a Nikon D50 DSLR and have no intention of replacing it anytime soon since I am in a similar situation. Although I spent more on lenses than I did the body of the camera since glass is more important than megapixels. My wife shot my avatar with it and my Nikon 70-300 VR lens.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I have a Nikon D40 DSLR with a great new lens, a Nikkor 50mm 1.4.
Same but with a 35mm f1.8 lens.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I get a new phone, I'm planning on getting away from the wannabe digital camera/phone hybrids that fail at anything beyon daylight shooting.

I'm considering getting a Canon S90, Sony WX1 or Tx1. S90 is expensive and a little bulky according to its dimensions, the Sony's arent so bad. I'd like to see them all in person.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canon 20D with 70-200mm f/4L, 85mm f/1.8, and 60mm f/2.8 macro. Also the 17-85 f/3.5-5.6, though I'm looking to upgrade there.

Currently lusting after a Panasonic GF-1 with the 20mm pancake lens for a smaller, daily use alternative to the DSLR.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shoot with:

Pentax K100D with DA 21mm f/3.2 Limited, FA 35mm f/2, FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited, DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited, DA 16-45mm f/4, DA 50-200 f/4-5.6.

Ricoh Caplio GX100.

Buried in the garage somewhere I have an old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10, which I really should dust off and use. It's probably a more useful family/vacation camera than my other gear, except for night shooting where the noise is problematic.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Canon 20D with a bit invested in glass, but thinking about defecting anyway to either Nikon or to one of the new non-reflex camera systems like a micro 4/3/Samsung NX/Leica M9. The adage that "Canons are the best cameras that engineers can build and Nikons are the best that photographers can" seems to still hold true - a bit too many buried controls on the 20D.

For P&S duty - whatever the random Powershot of the day was a couple years ago. The S90 and Samsung TL500 look really good but are hampered by the poor video. I figure within two years the P&S market will be completely dead anyway.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have an ancient (circa 1986) Minolta Maxxum 7000 that collects dust on its bag on top of the bookshelf in my son's room.
lol8[1].gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a Leica point and shoot and a Nikon SLR. Both great cameras.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nikon D90, with a 17-50mm f2.8 lens. Motorola Droid.

Thinking about a Panny LX3 for days I don't want to lug the D90 around and the Droid would be inadequate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads