• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Digital camera recommendations

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a digital camera that I can shoot photos with and easily download them to my laptop. I like the kind that you can preview the image and shoot a do-over if you don't like it.

This would be wonderful for cataloging the wardrobe and such. Was wondering if anyone had recommendations.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you looking for, I am getting ready to sell a great camera, Sony Mavica 4.0 with 3 batteries for $495.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you looking for, I am getting ready to sell a great camera, Sony Mavica 4.0 with 3 batteries for $495.
That's probably a bit more than I need. I just want a simple camera for family vacations, wardrobe catalouging
biggrin.gif
and other stuff. Something I can use to shoot a photo of my kid, download to the hard drive and email to Grandma and Grandpa. Or something I can shoot a photo of my suit and email the photo to Chan so they can see how it needs to be altered, etc.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the Nikno Coolpix 3100, I think that is the number, small lightwieght and easy to down load from. Great value, I have one for quick pics, you can see some of the pictures on the Grenson page.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I purchased a Nikon CoolPix 5400 a few months ago. It is an awesome piece of equipment. It can be a dumbed-down point-and-click, or a fully manual "near-professional" tool. I've been using Nikon film cameras since 1976; this is my first Nikon digital. I've tried Canon, Olympus, Sony and Minolta digicams and the 5400 is head and shoulders above the lot. A $200 rebate ought to put it in the $250-300 range net. You'll not be disappointed in your purchase. http://www.nikonusa.com/templat....r=25513

ViroBono

Reaction score
Nikons are excellent - I have a D100. However, I also have 3 Fuji cameras, and recommend them without hesitation. My latest is the F610 Zoom - 6MP and the usual fantastic Fuji colour saturation. I bought it refurbished from Fuji - absolutely as new, and a 12 month warranty, for around half the shop price - worth looking at. I would also investigate Samsung cameras; good features and good quality.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have the Nikon 5400 as well, and I like it a lot. If you have a Costco membership, buy one there and if you decide you don't like it, you can return it o questions asked. I would recommend buying a 1GB card for it (about $90) which will hold many, many pictures, and an extra battery or two. A nice thing about the 5400 is that it will use a lithium camera battery so if you get stranded without your charger you can go to a camera shop and pick up a temp. replacement.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would make sure to check out http://www.dpreview.com/ for information on many digital cameras. It gets pretty technical for someone interested in point-and-shoot only, but the advice is sound, and there are usually galleries showing pictures taken with the specific camera in different situations. They don't have EVERY camera available, but most of the major names commercially available, from pocket sized to DSLR and prosumer. Incredibly helpful stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads