• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Digital calendar gadget

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I had a weird idea today. Amazon sent me a newsletter about digital picture frames for the 87th time or so, just cuz I bought one for my mum a year ago. What I'm looking for now would be exactly the same but as a digital calendar that syncs with Google via WiFi or USB. Today I'm using a paper desktop calendar but it's too inflexible and I don't want to fill up my LotusNotes calendar at work with my private stuff. If I'd had a digital desk calendar like I imagine I'd just update the Google calendar via the internet and have it on my mobile phone, iPad and desk calendar.

A workmate suggested I should just get a dock for my iPad but I'd feel in doubt about letting my iPad sit on my desk all day.
400-ipad-iCalendar-view.jpg

Is there something out there like that?

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually you want a program that creates a screenshot of your private calendar and a digital picture frame to pick that up?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it wouldn't be too tough to program a tool to read an Outlook calender file and send the data to some kind of image file.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you found what you have been looking for?

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldarchon
you found what you have been looking for?
Unfortunately not. Seems like I'll have to find a workaround when I'll have a bit more time on my hands again. Nothing is dynamic enough to mimic automatic updating, so perhaps I'll really use the iPad with a doc.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably what not your looking for but if you have a computer, you can do a dual monitor setup and just maximize a calendar window on the second monitor, maybe wall mount it.....have to leave your computer on all the time though. that would suck.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get a cheap Chinese APAD/EPAD tablet running Android for under $100. Load up a browser window and point it to your calendar.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
You can get a cheap Chinese APAD/EPAD tablet running Android for under $100. Load up a browser window and point it to your calendar.
I guess that will be the solution. Will have my eyes open for a cheap ass tablet when I'm in Singapore next week. Can be crapy slow, all it needs to do is sync my google calendar. Thanks for the tip!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads