• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Differences in fit between different makers in a wardrobe

AmayaTaiyou

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

Just wanted everyone's opinion/thoughts regarding this matter.

Do you any of you guys get slightly bothered by the slight differences in fit between your suits in your wardrobe between the different makers whether they are bespoke, MTM, RTW or a combination of the 3.

Example being two of my MTM suits from different companies have just a slight difference in fit around the waist and shoulders, not big enough to warrant tailoring, but enough to notice the difference in the mirror or in photos if you know what to look for.

Look forward to hearing from everyone.

BXpress

Reaction score
No. My suits are from the same MTM tailor and i think we figured it out by now in terms of fit and proportions. Just a few tiny tweaks for the next DB suit and then all i need to do in the future is to choose the fabric. Even the very first suit (SB) was near perfect except for a little bit of sleeve pitch on the right arm.

If you find a good tailor and you get great results through the learning process between customer and tailor, why go somewhere else? The only reason i can think of would be if one offers something very different (like Spalla Camicia), otherwise it's pointless to go to different tailors just for the sake of variety.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.