• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Differences in C&J?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there differences between the C&J models available in the U.S. and those available from Paris?

For example, I've seen the handgrade Cleveland's on this forum, and available from a European website. I don't even see the Cleveland's on the Paris website. I also see the Drummond only on the Paris site, and nowhere else.
And on Plal, I don't see either:

http://www.plal.com/new/cj0506.htm

Those are the two models I want and hope to pick up on my trip to Europe in a few months. Anyone capable of enlightening me here?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Paris store features some new designs and lasts before they move into general distribution. The London stores also have models unavailable through the catalogue that Plal are allowed to order from. In terms of quality, the benchgrades are still benchgrades, handgrades handgrades.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As whopee stated, the Paris store stocks a significant number of models not available at the US Turnbull and Asser kiosk or the London store. The Clevelands are a stock model and available in the US store (I'm almost positive).

The Drummond, I just looked it up on the French site, is a beautiful shoe made on the new elongated 348. I view the 348 as an updated version of the 341. I have a pair on the 341, and it has a very narrow toe box. Unless you have a narrowish D foot, I would look elsewhere (i.e. if you like the Alden Plaza, CJ will fit like crap).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.