1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Differences in C&J?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by teddieriley, May 2, 2006.

1. teddieriley

teddieriley Distinguished Member

Are there differences between the C&J models available in the U.S. and those available from Paris?

For example, I've seen the handgrade Cleveland's on this forum, and available from a European website. I don't even see the Cleveland's on the Paris website. I also see the Drummond only on the Paris site, and nowhere else.
    And on Plal, I don't see either:

http://www.plal.com/new/cj0506.htm

Those are the two models I want and hope to pick up on my trip to Europe in a few months. Anyone capable of enlightening me here?

2. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

The Paris store features some new designs and lasts before they move into general distribution. The London stores also have models unavailable through the catalogue that Plal are allowed to order from. In terms of quality, the benchgrades are still benchgrades, handgrades handgrades.

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

As whopee stated, the Paris store stocks a significant number of models not available at the US Turnbull and Asser kiosk or the London store. The Clevelands are a stock model and available in the US store (I'm almost positive).

The Drummond, I just looked it up on the French site, is a beautiful shoe made on the new elongated 348. I view the 348 as an updated version of the 341. I have a pair on the 341, and it has a very narrow toe box. Unless you have a narrowish D foot, I would look elsewhere (i.e. if you like the Alden Plaza, CJ will fit like crap).