• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

difference between polo denim and RRL denim

ties@thedepot

Reaction score
this came up in the slim 381 thread but no one has answered the question yet so i figured i'd start a seperate thread. is there a major difference between ralph lauren polo jeans and rrl jeans? I have alot of the polo denim and i think it's a great value especially on sale. i mainly have raw or single wash denim, and some of their distressed but some of their distressed denim can get a bit out of hand. i do not own any rrl denim but i am planning to buy some. there is a price difference and i want to know if that is justified.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is.
In the interests of not embarrassing myself I'll let others explain why.

thorman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ties@thedepot
this came up in the slim 381 thread but no one has answered the question yet so i figured i'd start a seperate thread. is there a major difference between ralph lauren polo jeans and rrl jeans? I have alot of the polo denim and i think it's a great value especially on sale. i mainly have raw or single wash denim, and some of their distressed but some of their distressed denim can get a bit out of hand. i do not own any rrl denim but i am planning to buy some. there is a price difference and i want to know if that is justified.

Generally the RRL is their premium brand - for example RRL jeans will likely be selvage and have better quality hardware.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
But do they use the same actual denim, and is the divide between PRL and RRL so steep that it's like Levi Strauss Signature vs LVC?

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The denim is different...
Just like LVC denim is different than regular Levis denim.

thorman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StarterStyle
But do they use the same actual denim, and is the divide between PRL and RRL so steep that it's like Levi Strauss Signature vs LVC?

The denim is likely to be selvege much like LVC VS normal Levi's. So yeah it's better denim - probably better attention to detail overall also.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRLs are chainstitched and have hidden rivets as well.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
RRLs are chainstitched and have hidden rivets as well.
PRLs are also chainstitched, no rivets that I've seen though. They may be incredibly well hidden. EDIT: I may need to make slight modifications sarcasm applications and dosages.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StarterStyle
PRLs are also chainstitched, no rivets that I've seen though. They may be incredibly well hidden.
Unlikely/impossible about the rivets. You'd easily be able to see them inside the pants on the back pocket edges.

mymaster

Reaction score
Make the taking more photos to discuss the differences between

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads