• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Difference Between Men's / Women Clothing...

Brocktherock

Reaction score
I know that in jeans especially it is easy to tell between men/women jeans, but what about jackets?
well, anyways im just trying to sooth my conscience before buying a "Women's Hoodie."

I'm Asian 5"10, 19 years old, and i was looking for a short sleeve hoodie, and one caught my eye, but its for girls. I want one exactly like it, the way the short sleeve is done and everything... but what makes it a "womens" hoodie? if i wear it will someone point out that its an obviously girl clothing somehow?

Here's a link to what im talking about: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...:referralID=NA

if you know a brand that sells similar clothing, but for guys please let me know-thanks.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you Transsexual Surgery

Brocktherock

Reaction score
Noway!!!!, but the main question is would you be able to tell if it was girl clothes if a guy was wearing it?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Space For Boobies

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. You'll need a surgeon. Alteration shops have little access to anaesthetics, scrub rooms, post-op recovery facilities, etc.

Now a tailor could help you if you bought a mens hoodie and then asked to cut off the sleeves and stitch a cuff like in the photo.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know homeless men were concerned about looking like women while wearing women's clothing. That jacket is something a bum would wear.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, why in the world would you wear that abomination?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I was in high school I put on one of my mom's blazers and thought that it looked kind of badass because the sleeves were short and the length was short. It was kind of like those really fashion forward dior jackets. The only issue was teh drape in the chest. My mom's got herself a rack.
drool.gif

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Reminds me of this from The Office. (U.S. version.)

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brocktherock
I know that in jeans especially it is easy to tell between men/women jeans, but what about jackets?
well, anyways im just trying to sooth my conscience before buying a "Women's Hoodie."

I'm Asian 5"10, 19 years old, and i was looking for a short sleeve hoodie, and one caught my eye, but its for girls. I want one exactly like it, the way the short sleeve is done and everything... but what makes it a "womens" hoodie? if i wear it will someone point out that its an obviously girl clothing somehow?

Here's a link to what im talking about: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...:referralID=NA

if you know a brand that sells similar clothing, but for guys please let me know-thanks.

you sure have an interesting way of coming out of the closet.

but to each his own............

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
When I was in high school I put on one of my mom's blazers and thought that it looked kind of badass because the sleeves were short and the length was short. It was kind of like those really fashion forward dior jackets. The only issue was teh drape in the chest. My mom's got herself a rack.
drool.gif

Oedipus complex much? You mentioned just a minute ago (or that's when I read it) that your girlfriend has a 30 inch chest, meaning not much of a rack, so I gather you're trying to overcorrect.

This is wrong. Embrace your inner hubris!

popcorn.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
Oedipus complex much? You mentioned just a minute ago (or that's when I read it) that your girlfriend has a 30 inch chest, meaning not much of a rack, so I gather you're trying to overcorrect.

This is wrong. Embrace your inner hubris!

popcorn.gif

My mother invented the Oedipus complex. When I mentioned my girlfriend having a 30" chest I also said that girl's boob size has nothing to do with the number, just the inches around the underboobish area. I've never met a bigger breast fan than myself, trust me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads