• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Difference Between Men's / Women Clothing...

Brocktherock

Reaction score
I know that in jeans especially it is easy to tell between men/women jeans, but what about jackets?
well, anyways im just trying to sooth my conscience before buying a "Women's Hoodie."

I'm Asian 5"10, 19 years old, and i was looking for a short sleeve hoodie, and one caught my eye, but its for girls. I want one exactly like it, the way the short sleeve is done and everything... but what makes it a "womens" hoodie? if i wear it will someone point out that its an obviously girl clothing somehow?

Here's a link to what im talking about: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...:referralID=NA

if you know a brand that sells similar clothing, but for guys please let me know-thanks.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you Transsexual Surgery

Brocktherock

Reaction score
Noway!!!!, but the main question is would you be able to tell if it was girl clothes if a guy was wearing it?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. You'll need a surgeon. Alteration shops have little access to anaesthetics, scrub rooms, post-op recovery facilities, etc.

Now a tailor could help you if you bought a mens hoodie and then asked to cut off the sleeves and stitch a cuff like in the photo.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know homeless men were concerned about looking like women while wearing women's clothing. That jacket is something a bum would wear.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, why in the world would you wear that abomination?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I was in high school I put on one of my mom's blazers and thought that it looked kind of badass because the sleeves were short and the length was short. It was kind of like those really fashion forward dior jackets. The only issue was teh drape in the chest. My mom's got herself a rack.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Reminds me of this from The Office. (U.S. version.)

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brocktherock
I know that in jeans especially it is easy to tell between men/women jeans, but what about jackets?
well, anyways im just trying to sooth my conscience before buying a "Women's Hoodie."

I'm Asian 5"10, 19 years old, and i was looking for a short sleeve hoodie, and one caught my eye, but its for girls. I want one exactly like it, the way the short sleeve is done and everything... but what makes it a "womens" hoodie? if i wear it will someone point out that its an obviously girl clothing somehow?

Here's a link to what im talking about: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...:referralID=NA

if you know a brand that sells similar clothing, but for guys please let me know-thanks.

you sure have an interesting way of coming out of the closet.

but to each his own............

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
When I was in high school I put on one of my mom's blazers and thought that it looked kind of badass because the sleeves were short and the length was short. It was kind of like those really fashion forward dior jackets. The only issue was teh drape in the chest. My mom's got herself a rack.

Oedipus complex much? You mentioned just a minute ago (or that's when I read it) that your girlfriend has a 30 inch chest, meaning not much of a rack, so I gather you're trying to overcorrect.

This is wrong. Embrace your inner hubris!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
Oedipus complex much? You mentioned just a minute ago (or that's when I read it) that your girlfriend has a 30 inch chest, meaning not much of a rack, so I gather you're trying to overcorrect.

This is wrong. Embrace your inner hubris!

My mother invented the Oedipus complex. When I mentioned my girlfriend having a 30" chest I also said that girl's boob size has nothing to do with the number, just the inches around the underboobish area. I've never met a bigger breast fan than myself, trust me!

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 88 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 161 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 81 16.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 48 9.5%