• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dieworkwear Blog Receives Best Media of the Year 2017

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This all gives more legitimacy to Crompton’s ludicrous blog than it deserves...

I find it interesting the people who are bothered by Crompton's success. I mean if you don't agree with him, then just don't read his blog. He like any good reviewer, has a point-of-view. I like that his blog helps to create awareness of makers/artisans and tailors that I would not of otherwise discovered on my own. The dialog about fit, fabrics and style is also quite helpful.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like Simon's site and think the online world would be worse without it. It's nice to have someone champion craft-based clothing.

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting the people who are bothered by Crompton's success. I mean if you don't agree with him, then just don't read his blog. He like any good reviewer, has a point-of-view. I like that his blog helps to create awareness of makers/artisans and tailors that I would not of otherwise discovered on my own. The dialog about fit, fabrics and style is also quite helpful.
I agree with this. I'm a grown-up (my wife insists) and I can make up my own mind about stuff I read, online and off, and form my own opinion and response. I've learned a lot from Simon's blog.

I like Simon's site and think the online world would be worst without it. It's nice to have someone champion craft-based clothing.
Agree here, too. Simon's taste and mine are quite divergent and some of his opinions strike me as silly or at least rather narrow and specific to his context. Which is fine, I suppose. It's still not ludicrous.

Derek's award-winning blog, however, I consume completely uncritically. And I'll repeat what I wrote earlier: it's the quality of the writing that sets Die Workwear! apart.

BigBadBernard

Reaction score

I don’t read it anymore - I find the humourless tone and pomposity too much.

Actually it was quite a good site when it first started and SC was a bit less full of himself, making an initial exploration into the world of bespoke. But now this whole ‘leader in craft and luxury’ shtick is beyond parody.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just thought that photo of him had the perfect proportions for a coat-and-tie look. From the cut of the suit to the amount of shirt cuff and pocket square showing to the scale of the patterns. Was like the Golden Ratio.

Incidentally, I talked to a fashion journalist once who went to school with one of Richardson's sons. Apparently Elliott Richardson was a bit of a clotheshorse.

Add my kudos as well.
It didn't hurt that Avedon took the photo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads