Dieting - How do you fight hunger?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Clairborn, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Eat enough fats and proteins. Man the fuck up. Look at your fat, repulsive body in the mirror. Marvel over how repugnant your corpulence must be to the opposite sex. Cry. Feast on the pain.

2. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I had pretty bad hunger pangs when I started intermittent fasting, but now not eating for 16 periods of time is a breeze. Black coffee is your friend. Embrace him.

3. Mikie

Mikie New Member

Well it is not easy to fight with hunger and for me it is not easy to bear this because i cannot bear hunger and just do it at the right time.

http://www.nolimitbootcamp.com

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

4. timotune

timotune Senior member

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

I repeat, you won't get hunger pangs if you eat non processed food.

6. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I have no idea what you're talking about. Complex carbs take longer to digest than simple carbs like sugar, flour, etc. Complex carbs are much slower burning than simple carbs and should make up a large part of one's diet for many reasons. Link to article

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

You should never be starving. That's bad for your metabolism. If you're really, really hungry, it means you should eat something modest. At most, you should be "not satisfied".

8. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

OP: If this doesn't do it for you then maybe you should just quit lol.

Please explain the role of black coffee when fasting. Does it have to be straight or is adding creamer and sugar cheating? Also what's the point of fasting? I've heard of people feeling happier, and clear minded after a few days of this thing.

9. koolhistorian

koolhistorian Senior member

From my own experience - +50 pounds loss in 6 1/2 months - the worst period is the first week (10 days), then you become less hungry, but my tolerance to skip meals is gone.
    South beach diet is good for the first 2 weeks (first phase), the you can go Montignac or what ever low carb diet you want. Keep you minerals in check, you can have potassium losses quite easly (buy some multi mineral supplements and do not forget about them in the morning). Main cause is the elimination of excess water, so you have to keep yourself hydrated - for me it was the case that my thirst level decreased significantly, so I had to put my Iphone as an "water alarm".
    Cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini will be your new best friends - a home made, low fat marinara will complement them very well - in fact mediterranean cooking can be easily adapted to low carb diet, there is a book by Diane Kokhilas about that. Soups are filling - a good bowl of minestrone -without pasta- will take your edge before any meal, gazpacho also (omit the bread in the recipe), tajines without potatoes, etc. Then your metabolism will settle.
    my 2 euro cents

10. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Useful information.

11. Clairborn

Clairborn Member

Cheers, I'll look those up. But based on what I've googled, Harvey Diamond seems a controversial fella.

Water and portions, ok. Plus, Sriracha Sauce.

I have tried the distraction trick but it does not work for me. But obviously it's working for you - 57 lbs!

This something I need to try.

I dunno, I'd be careful about using coffee as much as you seem to. But I have a question - how much time did it take for your body to get adjusted to the lower quantities of food? In short, I want to know when your hunger pangs began to ease off a little after you started dieting- 2 days, 3 days, a week?

:lol:

This is great advice though.

Thank you - this was also great advice.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Keep your mind focused on other things.

Only eat big meals and don't keep snacks or w/e around.

Don't fuck w/simple carbs too much, they suck at satiating hunger.

Drink coffee (black preferably) & plenty of water.

I'm on a diet now and when I go off the wagon it's because I don't do one of the first three things. When I get focused results start to happen almost right away. I am on intermittent fasting now and not eating breakfast helps a lot. The way I see it, the less meals I have, the more over the top & satisfying I can make the ones I do have. Yesterday I had 3 empanadas, a shell steak and a spoonful of peanut butter. Much more satisfying & just as many calories as 6 shitty little 'clean' meals.

13. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

I totally get what you're saying; that you've managed to get results by eating less and eating what you want but, how are you getting your necessary vitamins and minerals?

14. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

Black coffee is a no-calorie stimulant.

For intermittent fasting (not the same thing as you think of when you hear "fasting") try this site: www.leangains.com

By ingesting them?

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

This is pretty legit, have had good success following essentially these guidelines as well. What I'd add though is you really can't go overboard on fresh veggies, they're full of such awesomeness and help keep you full. Meal frequency is, as stated before ad nauseam, best decided by your individual preferences - many do IF, but it's definitely not for everyone. Give it a shot by all means but in the end it's best to go with what you will be comfortable with. Also if you're keeping a lid on the really calorie-dense foodstuffs (candy, pastries and what have you) do not fret about carb intake. Especially if you're training hard.