• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diet pills that actually work?

efujobu

Reaction score
IMO there is no "diet pill" that will work if your just looking for a magic pill in order to lose weight. As with any dietary supplements (key word here is "supplement"), you need to make sure you have a good, clean, balanced diet with an excercise program in order for any type of success.

kakemono

Reaction score
Originally Posted by avatar
After this week (Spring Break = lots of mom's home cooking and little dieting to be had) I'm going to get back on the diet thing. Start eating a protein bar for breakfast instead of waiting the 4 hours on an empty stomach through class for lunch, since I end up gorging myself at lunch because I'm starving. Replace lunch or dinner with a GNC Lean Shake, make meals smaller, eat more bars/shakes. I lost 40-odd pounds last summer, I can do it again.

my exact plan, too... along with waiting until May and classes will be done so I can start getting more than 3-4 hours of sleep/night again.

I dropped down to 159, my lowest ever, right after losing 7 lbs of water in a soccer game (actually 2 back to back games in 106 degree heat)... Sitting about a healthy 175 right now. Shooting for 150. by the end of summer. (5'10")

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrewlef
Adderall

I have a few friends that are on ADD meds... obviously not everyone should be on it but loads are, I myself could easily be on it given how I act... Ha. Anyway, A buddy of mine who is roughly 5'9" and legitimately needed adderall dropped from 170 down to 125 because of it. He described it as an inner conscience saying that he didn't need to eat a giant hamburger, even though he still had the desire to eat it, the adderall side won. A few months ago he dropped the adderall to see what would happen and had gone back up to a pudgy 165 (pudgy because of laziness). But the conclusion is adderall seems to be an impressive appetite suppressant in the few cases I have seen first hand.

... I once tried Hydroxycut hardcore for a summer because my boring job had me eating to pass the time... and it actually worked reasonably well as an appetite suppressant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads