• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diet/Nutrition Questions

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Charley! I dig your posts in the Supermeatheads thread. Stick around over here.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown
I hope all this **** throwing from both sides is coming from people with physiques to back it up.

does this mean we can start to post naked pics of ourselves?

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Charley! I dig your posts in the Supermeatheads thread. Stick around over here.

thanks man. I think I will start posting more and more over here. I've been neglecting styleforum for far too long.

Originally Posted by indesertum
does this mean we can start to post naked pics of ourselves?

PM me nudes first please thanks.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
I'm going to take the high road, not debate an asston of pubmed articles, and give you this link:

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Its a forum full of much more informed and experienced people than all of us put together - they'll be able to answer your questions.

The problem with pubmed is that yes, its all fine and dandy to read to conclusions drawn from specifically controlled studies - but that is not a substitute for tried-and-true practical advice from someone who has trained hundreds of people. It drives me ******* bananas when I see people say **** like this:

"http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10204826

research published in 1999 found that when men and women followed a 12 week diet consisting of only 800 calories and only 80 grams of protein per day, they were able to maintain their muscle mass as long as they were exercising with weights three times per week."

and extrapolate that to insinuate everybody can maintain their LBM on an 800 calorie diet. Oh yeah? How much LBM did they have? How did their lifting performance get affected? Yeah you can eat at a deficit to burn fat and maintain LBM, but waving this study around is a bit misleading.

Bottom line, ask people who know what they're talking about (not me, not not_a_virus, not anyone here). Reading articles from pubmed is great but is no substitute for asking people who do this kind of thing for a living.

Seriously, just sign up for ironaddicts - this is the wrong place to ask

the problem though is that everyone is an expert on everything on the internet.

how do you know those guys on that forum know what they're talking about? what are their credentials? even then, how have they established their reputation?

i find these these guys far more credible:

http://johnbarban.com/about/
http://www.evidencebasedfitness.blogspot.com/
http://bradpilon.com/meet-brad/

John Rhodes

Reaction score
A balanced diet comprising of diverse and healthy foods is key to promoting good health. After all, we are what we eat - Research continues to prove that eating healthy food promotes good health and unhealthy food habits lead to a diseased body. Foods contain vital nutrients that aid our body's metabolic function. However, a lack of consumption of these nutrients or feeding upon the wrong kinds of food leads to an accumulation of toxins within the body, resulting in chronic diseases in the long run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads