1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Diesel sizing?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Arethusa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I tried on some Diesel jackets over the weekend, and found that mediums tended to fit rather snugly. I'm way too thin for that to make any sense. Do you need to size up with Diesel like with G Star, or was it just two weird jackets?

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Yes. Most of the time when you buy G-star or Diesel jackets, you need to size up. It also just depends on the individual garment you put on. I bought a tweed like G-star sportcoat in XL a couple years ago (I typically wear a 44R with the necessary body slimming tailoring). I went to Bloomie's last week and entertained the idea of a casual, kick back white G-star sportcoat/jacket and only fitted into an XXL. Similarly with Diesel, some of their XLs are too snug, and I know there's no way in hell I'm a typicall XXL. I don't know why that is considering these European designers know their market is Americans who tend to be either overweight (obviously not in your case) or workout. Not only does this make it difficult to order things on line, I can't resign myself to purchase something that says XXL.

Go figure.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

I had one Diesel sweater that was sized an XL and it fit me well - I am normally a small or medium in other brands.

I also have a Diesel winter coat that I needed to size down for.

Their clothing (Jeans/pants excluded) seems to run on the small side for sure.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Yeah, that was the other thing. I tried on a G Star jacket in L, and it fit me like a snug small. I couldn't figure out what was going on. That I'd need something labeled XL just strikes me as incredibly bizarre.

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

Yeah, that was the other thing. I tried on a G Star jacket in L, and it fit me like a snug small. I couldn't figure out what was going on. That I'd need something labeled XL just strikes me as incredibly bizarre.

This is exactly why I wish that clothing was sized by the exact chest measurement - at least for higher-end brands.

To be able to buy dress shirts in 16.5-40-35, for example, would be a dream.

6. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Sizing up one size for a slimmish fit has been my experience with Diesel tops.

7. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

my diesel trucker sherpa is size L------i'm usually M

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I think I figured out why I'd've needed an XL in that shirt jacket. It wasn't a light shirt jacket. It was a bizarrely heavy shirt.

Why does this happen, anyway? Just annoying vanity sizing? Majority of market in demographics with different (smaller) sizes (eg Japan)?