• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did you/will you pre-order/purchase a PS3 or Wii?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre-ordered 2 Wiis, 1 PS3 - #5/6 at my EB on the Wii, #20 on the PS3 at Fye. Likelihood I'll get the PS3 before X-mas? Around 30%.
wink.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tried to preorder a Wii this morning, but was too late.

Bastards.

I'm going to wait for the PS3 to work the kinks out... I remember the early problems with the PS2, and don't want a repeat.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite getting up at 7:30am and driving to about 900 different stores, I was not able to preorder a Wii. If I don't get a PO when another chain starts taking them, I will be camping at Best Buy. Don't care about PS3 though.

I can't believe they let you preorder two Wiis, and also that you weren't stabbed by somebody else in the line after doing so.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Pre-ordered 2 Wiis, 1 PS3 - #5/6 at my EB on the Wii, #20 on the PS3 at Fye.

In all my time at SF, this is the first time I have felt so hopelessly out of touch.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Wii and PS3 coming my way. Not excited about the PS3 whatsoever. No originality in the first-wave software and of course, it's a Sony console so all the shipments until the next fiscal quarter will be of shoddy hardware that will last 6 months.

I'm pretty excited about Wii, though the launch window is fairly weak. Twilight Princess fishing with the Wii-mote is insanely fun. Can't wait to dig deeper into it. Downloading Sin & Punishment and Doshin the Giant on the VC will be a kick, also.

*EDIT*: No need to wait outside stores for the Wii. Nintendo is shipping bucketloads of units. They still haven't fulfilled DSL demand so they've learned their lesson.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, my fiancee (who has a different address on her license) came with me - she preordered one, I preordered one.

Huntsman - I'd take your knowledge of clothing over my waning video game obsession any day.

I share the apathetic attitude towards the PS3.. I was mostly interested in purchasing it to hock on eBay. My first PS2 died in like 5 months (I purchased all of the last generation within 3 weeks of launch, can't believe I'm doing it again). I haven't purchased the 360, nor will I until MS comes out and says they've fixed all the hardware issues.. though there's a new modchip out that's making me think twice.

The Wii looks fantastic - ordered Zelda/Red Steel/Trauma Center (fantastic on the DS)/Super Monkey Ball.

phaedrus

Reaction score
Not a preorder, but will eventually buy the Wii when it comes out, the originality in the control and the fact its a Nintendo machine has me sold.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a PS3 pre-ordered at Gamestop. I'm purchasing it primarily to play Blu-Ray discs and Tiger Woods 2007. I'll pick up some other games, but I'm not terribly excited by anything else coming out for a little while.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FINALLY got the Wii preorder. Had to get up at 4 am and wait in line at Toys R Us all night, but it was worth it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I absolutely can. Not. Believe. They are seriously calling it 'the Wii'

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everybody was surprised when they first announced the name, but I think the qualms have mostly subsided. Whether you like the name or not, it meshes nicely with Nintendo's new marketing strategy. Instead of a nerdy and portentous name like Xbox or the original codename, Revolution, they are shooting for a more accessible iPod type branding.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Played Wii at E3. Definitely going to get one.

My advice to you all is DO NOT buy a PS3 to flip on eBay. They've been closing down PS3 auctions like crazy.

I might, eventually, buy a PS3, so I can play Tekken 6.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads