Did you/will you pre-order/purchase a PS3 or Wii?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by kronik, Oct 14, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Probably neither. I am a PC gamer, only other games I play are on my phone. WIll be interesting to see if teh Wii flops or not though.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I absolutely can. Not. Believe. They are seriously calling it 'the Wii'
    So the next generation will be the Wii2?

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

So the next generation will be the Wii2?

Bwahahaha!

[BADPUN]I see you're deftly taking tthe piss out of Nintendo's naming scheme here![/BADPUN]

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

My advice to you all is DO NOT buy a PS3 to flip on eBay. They've been closing down PS3 auctions like crazy.

This is only because they know the people listing the auctions don't have the items in-hand and a preorder is no guarantee that they ever will. I don't see why they'd remove PS3s of sellers who actually have them in their possession.

Brian - Are you picking up 12 this week?

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Bwahahaha!

[BADPUN]I see you're deftly taking tthe piss out of Nintendo's naming scheme here![/BADPUN]

[​IMG]

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

In terms of hardware, the wii is just a refresh of the gamecube. It doesn't offer the big performance jump of xbox->xbox360 or ps2->ps3. I hope you guys aren't expecting a much more powerful machine or anything. The controller is the biggest difference.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

In terms of hardware, the wii is just a refresh of the gamecube. It doesn't offer the big performance jump of xbox->xbox360 or ps2->ps3. I hope you guys aren't expecting a much more powerful machine or anything. The controller is the biggest difference.
    Can I vote on it?

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I might... I heard it was a disappointment.

Yea, the point is that we (or I) really don't give two shits about hardware in a console. I don't have any desire to see more realistic sweat zones on football players' faces, or waving grass in the wind, and what not. I'd rather save the $350 and buy the game console with Mario, Zelda, etc.

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Picking up my S.E. copy of FFXII today after work. Dissapointment? I uh... think not. Maybe if you hate the very best single player RPG that money can buy...

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Picking up my S.E. copy of FFXII today after work. Dissapointment? I uh... think not. Maybe if you hate the very best single player RPG that money can buy...

ffxii is out? sweet. now i can buy a second game for my ps2. the only other game i played on it was ffx heh.

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Yea, the point is that we (or I) really don't give two shits about hardware in a console. I don't have any desire to see more realistic sweat zones on football players' faces, or waving grass in the wind, and what not. I'd rather save the $350 and buy the game console with Mario, Zelda, etc.

I wasn't being critical as I'm not a fanboy of either camp. I was just saying...

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

It could easily be argued that the new controller is far more of a generation jump than any graphical update.

Brian - Disappointment with FF12? It got four 10s from Famitsu. Currently has a press average of 9.8 on Gamestats.

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Looks like I've been hearing the wrong press. I guess i'll pick it up then. [​IMG] Then I will have TWO games for my Ps2, Tekken 5 and FF12!!

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

The openening movie is fantastic, the first two or three hours are somewhat slow, but the story picks up quite nicely from there.

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

The only game I still play is the Counterstrike mod for Half Life online. And that's only so I can spray obscene images all over the walls and irritate other people on the server.