• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

did you ever try to do the right thing but it turned out wrong?

wilson brother

Reaction score
Hey guys-

did you ever have this experience? Like you play the lottery with all your money to pay for university but you lose it all
frown.gif

Its a good idea but it turns out wrong. If you have an experience don't be shy to let us know.

Right now i'm feeling a little anxiety about some future decisions.
confused.gif

-Danny Wilson

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
Hey guys-

did you ever have this experience? Like you play the lottery with all your money to pay for university but you lose it all
frown.gif

Its a good idea but it turns out wrong. If you have an experience don't be shy to let us know.

Right now i'm feeling a little anxiety about some future decisions.
confused.gif

-Danny Wilson

Playing the lottery is not a good idea. Occasionally, a bad idea might yield a positive result, but this does not make it a good idea.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Playing the lottery is not a good idea. Occasionally, a bad idea might yield a positive result, but this does not make it a good idea.

Ok it's not a good idea to play the lottery but what about having a good intention but bad idea?

You know man, if you need 100,000$ to pay for granny's surgery so you put all your money in that lottery.

I think your the right guy to do this because your only thinking about granny even if you don't win the money.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok it's not a good idea to play the lottery but what about having a good intention but bad idea?

You know man, if you need 100,000$ to pay for granny's surgery so you put all your money in that lottery.

I think your the right guy to do this because your only thinking about granny even if you don't win the money.

If the right guy does this blindly, he's a moron.

On a side note, rumor has it a while back some US syndicate was pooling in a ton of money and had a software program that could predict lottery numbers within decent odds. After winning a couple, they got busted for whatever reasons. IIRC, they were spending a few hundred grand each play.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Depends what you're after. If you want to feel like you're a good guy, do what makes you feel like a good guy. But if you want to save Granny, you better come up with a better idea.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Depends what you're after. If you want to feel like you're a good guy, do what makes you feel like a good guy. But if you want to save Granny, you better come up with a better idea.

Maybe I need to get a better idea in case of this emergency..but this is just an example I wanted to make.

My granny isn't sick and I don't play the numbers lottery..but life its a type of lottery in my opinion.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need to get a better idea in case of this emergency..but this is just an example I wanted to make.

My granny isn't sick and I don't play the numbers lottery..but life its a type of lottery in my opinion.

Life is not anything like a lottery.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Life is not anything like a lottery.

Well ok..but everyday its like rolling your dice in your heart..don't you think?

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well ok..but everyday its like rolling your dice in your heart..don't you think?

Um, no. Life is about choice more than chance.
alien.gif

wilson brother

Reaction score
Um, no. Life is about choice more than chance.
alien.gif

But what if you have more than one dream you must choose and you feel strongly for each?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I make it a habit never to try and do the right thing. It takes no more effort to do the wrong thing and you'll probably enjoy it more.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Playing the lottery is not a form of investment. It's a regressive tax on stupidity.
Damn - I thought that was my own original point. Oh, well. Great minds. The point about it being probably even more true in most European countries, where the government-run lotteries typically subsidise high culture (like the renovation of Covent Garden), academic research and sports. Thus, the working class lotto punter typically subsidises the opera tickets for the middle and upper class.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But what if you have more than one dream you must choose and you feel strongly for each?

Then choose them all. Any conflicts are illusory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics