• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did you ever eat something you regretted?

Kasper

Reaction score
Once I fried a whole package of bacon and ate it in one sitting. That wasn't enough as after I was still a little hungry so I cut two Amoroso rolls in half and lightly fried them in the bacon grease. This was probably the worse case of over indulging and regretting it afterwards but not the only incident. Have any similar experiences to share with or without regret?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
Once I fried a whole package of bacon and ate it in one sitting. That wasn't enough as after I was still a little hungry so I cut two Amoroso rolls in half and lightly fried them in the bacon grease. This was probably the worse case of over indulging and regretting it afterwards but not the only incident. Have any similar experiences to share with or without regret?

I eat too much liquorice when I have it around. Don't know why but I cannot stop eating it, then I end with a headache
blush.gif

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I eat too much liquorice when I have it around. Don't know why but I cannot stop eating it, then I end with a headache
blush.gif

I hope you do that at home when you do that because I heard that too much licorice can act like a laxative.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you do that at home when you do that because I heard that too much licorice can act like a laxative.

No such luck for me, it seems to have the opposite effect, lol.

vanity

Reaction score

WHOA!! If I did that I would vomit. That's a ton of fat in one sitting, I can't believe you werent at least doubled over with a belly ache.

In trying to get/stay in shape, I allow myself 1 crazy cheat meal per week. All other meals are healthy so this is one I look forward to. Last week it was 2 chinese dishes with 2 appetizers and a 6-pack of booze. Immediately afterward I laid on the couch and passed out. It was great.

I can go all out without guilt b/c it's my only time in the entire week. I think it's a great way to clear out your cravings.

MrSmith2U

Reaction score
Sirs,

On one occasion, while travelling on business, a three hour flight connection in Florida presented one with the option of either starvation or eating some American airport food.

As this experience was in the mid-nineteen eighties one could argue that the catering arrangements have had ample time to be modified. I have not had the opportunity to experience American cuisine since; one of my children, however, lived with an American family for a two week exchange and he claims it is 'OK'. He is seventeen years of age.

yours,

Smith.

CBDB

Reaction score
When I was in undergrad at Military College food gifts from home had to be shared with your mates. My parent sent me ~1.5lbs of salted cashews which I received without anyone finding out. Closed the door to my room, opened the box and ate it all within 1/2 hours. Afterwards felt a bit like a python digesting a bunny
laugh.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
sweetbread.

not knowing what it was but having heard of it, I thought it was some kind of "sweet" "bread".....when I found out later what it is....
crazy.gif

my gastronomic palette isnt so adventurous

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****... some of the stuff in this thread.
lol8[1].gif
I had no idea what sweetbread is until I Wiki'd it... wow, made me sick just reading that.

I have no decent adventerous gut rot stories
frown.gif
, or maybe
smile.gif

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I had no idea what sweetbread is until I Wiki'd it... wow, made me sick just reading that.

HOLY CATS. SAME HERE.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love sweetbreads. They are some of my absolute favorite things to eat.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fondue at this place here in town. I was sort of blah going there as I am not that big of a fan but went there with my wife anyway. Twice. Both times my intestines felt like they wanted to escape from where the sun does not shine and strangle me in revenge
crazy.gif

I have never liked the taste of sheep heads and cow tongue. Do those count?

How about regrets for cooking something? As much as I like squid, flash frying calamari entails gutting the bastards. The smell was so foul I was almost unable to eat any of it once I cooked it.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Fondue at this place here in town. I was sort of blah going there as I am not that big of a fan but went there with my wife anyway. Twice. Both times my intestines felt like they wanted to escape from where the sun does not shine and strangle me in revenge
crazy.gif
I have never liked the taste of sheep heads and cow tongue. Do those count? How about regrets for cooking something? As much as I like squid, flash frying calamari entails gutting the bastards. The smell was so foul I was almost unable to eat any of it once I cooked it.

Any cooking involving cabbage will make me flee in horror. And I have a strong distaste for corriander and fennel (I love licorice though).

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Any cooking involving cabbage will make me flee in horror. And I have a strong distaste for corriander and fennel (I love licorice though).

Cabbage coriander and fennel...mmmm....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads