• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did they change the fit on Brooks Brothers extra-slim fit shirts?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered another batch of extra-slim shirts from BB.

It might be my imagination, but I noticed that these recent ones are much slimmer, in particular around the arms and chest area, than when this line first came out? Has anyone else also noticed that?

Did they change the cut/fit on their extra slim shirts recently?

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No they haven't. Are you undergoing the expansion of chest and arms that males of the species **** sapians usually exhibits during the mid to late 20's?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is funny you mention this, because I had the opposite experience. The new shirts seem less slim, but only in the waist. They fit well through the chest and arms but there is considerably more fabric around the waist. The shirts I bought early last year had a trimmer waist IMO.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
It is funny you mention this, because I had the opposite experience. The new shirts seem less slim, but only in the waist. They fit well through the chest and arms but there is considerably more fabric around the waist. The shirts I bought early last year had a trimmer waist IMO.
Isn't that how they've always been cut; 3" slimmer in the chest, 1" slimmer in the waist?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the dumbest idea ever. Unless of course their main client base are pot bellied 40 year olds.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that you didn't buy the slim fit previously not the esf.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you always buying the dress shirts, or do you have a mix of dress shirts and sport shirts?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Isn't that how they've always been cut; 3" slimmer in the chest, 1" slimmer in the waist?

yeah but the waist seems bigger now than before. the waist fits the same as the slim fit now. or so it seems.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style Guru
Their main clients are grown Men not undeveloped teenaged boys with weird body proportions who should be shopping in the boy's dept. and who are so self conscious that they think people are actually looking at them, or even notice them. Their slim shirts are made for slimmer Men with manly bones structures. I have no idea why they would even bother with an x slim shirt since no grown man no matter how thin could fit into one. Let's hope they discontinue this nonsense. The boys can shop at some kid/teenage mall store that caters to them. BB stays in business because their regular customers buy at full price most of the time and don't just pop in and buy when there's a "sale"
Uh, plenty of "grown men" fit into the extra slim shirts as long as they're not growing "outwards." BB obviously wants to expand their core market, hence the introduction of these shirts, the Milano suit line and the entire Black Fleece collection. And I'm not sure what shopping on sale vs. at MSRP has to do with anything.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their main clients are grown Men not undeveloped teenaged boys with weird body proportions who should be shopping in the boy's dept. and who are so self conscious that they think people are actually looking at them, or even notice them.
Their slim shirts are made for slimmer Men with manly bones structures. I have no idea why they would even bother with an x slim shirt since no grown man no matter how thin could fit into one. Let's hope they discontinue this nonsense. The boys can shop at some kid/teenage mall store that caters to them. BB stays in business because their regular customers buy at full price most of the time and don't just pop in and buy when there's a "sale"

Haha you're an idiot. I honestly thought this was a troll attempt at first, but now I think you are just fat and in denial.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Their main clients are grown Men not undeveloped teenaged boys with weird body proportions who should be shopping in the boy's dept. and who are so self conscious that they think people are actually looking at them, or even notice them. Their slim shirts are made for slimmer Men with manly bones structures. I have no idea why they would even bother with an x slim shirt since no grown man no matter how thin could fit into one. Let's hope they discontinue this nonsense. The boys can shop at some kid/teenage mall store that caters to them. BB stays in business because their regular customers buy at full price most of the time and don't just pop in and buy when there's a "sale"
I'm actually a slim 170lb 6' Man. Come back and post when you grow up kid and have a man's body because in a few years you'll probably be 20-30 lbs heavier and look like a man then. And as far as fat, I suggest you look at your parents because that's what you'll become when you grow up. All 20 year olds are skinny it means nothing.
You are definitely clueless. I'm 37, 5'3" and 140lb MAN. Of course, if I let my body "fill up", I will fit perfectly in a BB ESF or worse, may even be too tight. As of now, since I work out and have a considerable drop, they fit me perfectly in the arms, shoulders and back, but, since their construction is the same as the regular or slim, I still have to take them in at the waist. Why? Because they're constructed with box pleats, so they are roomier at the waist to accommodate people with the same girth from shoulders to waist.
sarcasm.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their main clients are grown Men not undeveloped teenaged boys with weird body proportions who should be shopping in the boy's dept. and who are so self conscious that they think people are actually looking at them, or even notice them.
Their slim shirts are made for slimmer Men with manly bones structures. I have no idea why they would even bother with an x slim shirt since no grown man no matter how thin could fit into one. Let's hope they discontinue this nonsense. The boys can shop at some kid/teenage mall store that caters to them. BB stays in business because their regular customers buy at full price most of the time and don't just pop in and buy when there's a "sale"

Um, I'm a 30-year-old grown man that weighs 212lbs at 6'2. Most of my shirts are the extra slim fit (17, 35). They fit me well. On occasion when I buy the slim fit ones, I have them darted at my tailor.

steinwaytony

Reaction score
Their slim shirts are made for slimmer Men with manly bones structures.

Allow me to recommend P90X for develop manly bones structures.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a slim 170lb 6' Man. Come back and post when you grow up kid and have a man's body because in a few years you'll probably be 20-30 lbs heavier and look like a man then. And as far as fat, I suggest you look at your parents because that's what you'll become when you grow up. All 20 year olds are skinny it means nothing.
Actually I am 6'3 225 and the BB extra slim fit is not slim enough
smile.gif
Nice try though! Edit: To clarify I wish the waist of the bb extra slim fit was skinnier. The sleeve and chest fit is great for me.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
Um, I'm a 30-year-old grown man that weighs 212lbs at 6'2. Most of my shirts are the extra slim fit (17, 35). They fit me well. On occasion when I buy the slim fit ones, I have them darted at my tailor.

I need to have most of my shirts darted, I just have too much that needs to be done at the tailor
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads