• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did the STYLEman thread just vanish?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... Preceded by "Ha ha ha (long pause)".
AC...Ummm... I somehow dont think that was it...
wink.gif

bryce330

Reaction score
I believe the exact phrase was, "Black man, go rear an ape" but the context was correct.
I stand corrected. Also, when I said I wasn't surprised he held such racial views, he basically said he was proud of it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hah.. yeah, the thread was too depressing. I moved it to the secret 'oblivion' forum for preservation and future reference/evidence.

The shutdown yesterday had nothing to do with the thread or the Boy Prince - it is an ongoing technical problem with this host and apparently I am going to have to move the forum again because they cannot seem to fix it and are never available when I try to contact them. Too bad, because it seemed to be working pretty well there for a while.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add: at some point, Styleman accused the Yanks on the board of not getting British humor.  Which raises the question of whether his postings were just clever satire.  We never did get the answer to that one.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I took it to mean the latter. I wish I had put a stopwatch on the time elapsed from Styleman's post to when J pulled the plug on him. Nice to see Big Brother, er, J, is so vigilant.
wink.gif

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering the BP's creative use of English, did "rear" in this case mean "raise" or "copulate with"?
An ape here, a donkey here luxury is not always a donkey thread. My, my, what are we coming too. Could it must be the excitement regarding the upcoming sartorial extravaganza,

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
SERVICE OFFERED ... For a meager monthly fee join the Alert-A-Ban service, and have all potentially bannable threads sent to your mobile pager/watch or PDA.
LOL--with the speed that thread went by, I'm going to need you to beam the postings straight into my frontal lobe. If you can arrange this (and another 4-fold), I will pay any price. Tom

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forgot to add: at some point, Styleman accused the Yanks on the board of not getting British humor. Which raises the question of whether his postings were just clever satire. We never did get the answer to that one.
funny though, other British members of the forum did not understand his humor either, perhaps they went to state schools?

Jon.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I wonder if he will join us again under yet another name. If so, his meltdown will be predictable.

Alas, I missed the entire thread yesterday. Like globetrotter, look away for a second and miss the thread of the year.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was dissapointed in the way it went down.  For a while I felt like it was building up to a nice crescendo and Styleman would go out with both guns blazing.  Then he sort of backed off, made a ridiculous statement and went out with a whimper.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the second time I have brought somebody down to banishment level.
And here I thought I was the evil one for calling him an idiot, ha ha.

I'm rather sad I missed the denouement of the thread considering how closely I followed it. Then again, I would probably have been banned along with Styleman if I had responded to his racial comment.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm rather sad I missed the denouement of the thread considering how closely I followed it.
It was very disappointing. I was looking forward to something better. Next world leader indeed.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(gorgekko @ Feb. 24 2005,12:06) I'm rather sad I missed the denouement of the thread considering how closely I followed it.
It was very disappointing. I was looking forward to something better. Next world leader indeed.
It felt like he just gave up and wanted to do something to get banned just to end the whole thing. He just couldn't bring himself to just walk away.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit: Notice how this post is number 1812? Anyone else find that amusing?
My great great second grandfather, Tsar Alexander, thought it was a great year for our family despite the cold and lack of food at the villa. Now let's talk about the loyal serfs who live in the basement and why work is out of the question for families like ours.

Sorry, Jon, don't start. Edit: Couldn't resist the historical bait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads