1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Did the STYLEman thread just vanish?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BlvdDandy, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

An ape here, a donkey here luxury is not always a donkey thread. My, my, what are we coming too. Could it must be the excitement regarding the upcoming sartorial extravaganza,

2. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

LOL--with the speed that thread went by, I'm going to need you to beam the postings straight into my frontal lobe. If you can arrange this (and another 4-fold), I will pay any price. Tom

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

funny though, other British members of the forum did not understand his humor either, perhaps they went to state schools?

Jon.

4. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I wonder if he will join us again under yet another name. If so, his meltdown will be predictable.

Alas, I missed the entire thread yesterday. Like globetrotter, look away for a second and miss the thread of the year.

5. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I was dissapointed in the way it went down.  For a while I felt like it was building up to a nice crescendo and Styleman would go out with both guns blazing.  Then he sort of backed off, made a ridiculous statement and went out with a whimper.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

This is the second time I have brought somebody down to banishment level.

ALRIGHT.

Jon.

edit: Notice how this post is number 1812? Anyone else find that amusing?

7. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

And here I thought I was the evil one for calling him an idiot, ha ha.

I'm rather sad I missed the denouement of the thread considering how closely I followed it. Then again, I would probably have been banned along with Styleman if I had responded to his racial comment.

8. j

j Senior member Admin

It was very disappointing. I was looking forward to something better. Next world leader indeed.

9. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

(gorgekko @ Feb. 24 2005,12:06) I'm rather sad I missed the denouement of the thread considering how closely I followed it.
    It was very disappointing. I was looking forward to something better. Next world leader indeed.
    It felt like he just gave up and wanted to do something to get banned just to end the whole thing. He just couldn't bring himself to just walk away.

10. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

My great great second grandfather, Tsar Alexander, thought it was a great year for our family despite the cold and lack of food at the villa. Now let's talk about the loyal serfs who live in the basement and why work is out of the question for families like ours.

Sorry, Jon, don't start. Edit: Couldn't resist the historical bait.

11. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

This is how the world ends, this is how the world ends...
    You complete the rest.

12. charle

charle Member

What a cruel and unkind thing to say. [​IMG]

13. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

I was personally amazed at his horrific spelling, considering the outstanding education he must have received in one of England's finest private academies. Terrible communication skills, especially for one who regularly dines and socializes with men of global prominence. It's funny. For all his talk of the boorish manners of America, it seems our own private academies uphold much higher standards than the undoubtedly regal institution which he attends. Maybe in his English upper-class family, only the servants are required to attain any semblance of education. After all, when you are the second-nephew of the most powerful man in England, you must realize that work is for the peasantry only. Who needs language skills for a life of leisure and trolling?

14. uppercase

uppercase Senior member

Well, I missed all of those posts.

But don't judge a man by his spilling.

Fine education is so much more. It should not be wasted on spellling. Nor math for that matter. It is a priviledge.

It allows gentlemen, whose place in life is assured and not dependent on their spelling, to haunt salons, such as our esteemed SF.

Remember, as Lord Byron said, "At four and twenty I had gamed and drank and taken my degrees in most dissipations."

By most counts, I would guess that most of us are behind Byron's curve. It's the living we got to worry about, not the spelling. That's what an education is for.

15. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I'm so bummed, I never had the chance to ask the boy prince my burning question: "Have you ever run into Senator John Kerry in a New York restaurant?" It would explain so much... Bradford [​IMG]

16. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Think he's back?

17. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

OK... I am predicting another banning here, any takers? [​IMG] JJF

18. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Hey - I buy a sweater from you and this is the thanks I get... Bradford  [​IMG] P.S. Have you seen the 8 new posts from Rbaalrajhi - I'm thinking that the ghost of Kalra/Styleman may already be among us.

19. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

Yes, I'm wondering if you are right about that.

20. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

well...We have more than just SWEATERS you know... And yes... In reincarnation does one retain the same tastes? Cause our young Boy Prince had a liking to LV products... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.