did i win?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by diaby2afc, Dec 12, 2012.

1. diaby2afc

diaby2afc Member

Hi folks. First time poster, long-time lurker.

Before coming across your forum, I thought a Hugo Boss suit was creme de la creme and Lauren suits from Macy's was one fantastic deal.

Further reading has proven otherwise and I looked for better suits.

I came across an HF suit on eBay and put in a cheeky bid of $300. Did I put in a decent bid?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271099803679?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

The price is pretty decent; I wouldn't feel bad about that.

Getting a black suit on the other hand...unless you already have the staples, I would've spent a bit extra or waited a bit longer to find something in charcoal or navy.

3. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

you could have tried to get a online tailor shop to make you a suit for around $300. wouldn't you rather have that? just a thought.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

At the stage of the OP's knowledge and experience I would say not.

5. diaby2afc

diaby2afc Member

Thanks for your replies.

Black wasn't my first choice but I didn't have one in my collection and this was the only color available in my size. I didn't realize black was one to avoid.

There's currently a sale at JosABank for a gold signature for $227. I was considering that but apparently there is more favor for HF here. I also missed the Gilt sale for HSM suits at $250-$300. I guess this wasn't that bad a buy.

For online, I looked at Indochino but I thought HF was a better suit. Am I wrong?

6. diaby2afc

diaby2afc Member

Thanks for your replies.

Black wasn't my first choice but I didn't have one in my collection and this was the only color available in my size. I didn't realize black was one to avoid.

There's currently a sale at JosABank for a gold signature for $227. I was considering that but apparently there is more favor for HF here. I also missed the Gilt sale for HSM suits at $250-$300. I guess this wasn't that bad a buy.