• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I see a UFO...or what?

dhaller

Reaction score
To hazard a guess, you could have seen a meteor - the green halo could have been its copper sulfate layer burning off on atmospheric heating, and it could have looked "slow" because of perspective (its motion was oblique to your viewing path), then exploded and changed direction (in a plane normal to your view) after burnoff, thus appearing "fast".

Maybe!

DH

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you ever drive on ocean? Theres always people out there flying their model airplanes on the cliffs over the beach. Now, I dont know if they would do that further inland since you have no wind there. I bet it was something from the base. I read something recently saying the first navy ship landing was going to happen soon - possibly related? Let me see if i can find it. here the USS Dewey is restocking supplies in SB until 2011. Mighta been some new weapon or something!!!

yirayira

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milpool
Do aliens still abduct people? I haven't heard about an abduction in a while. Did they get bored with rectally probing people or something?

It's getting harder to respect the History Channel with every adduction/ufo special they play.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many airspace related events going on nearby to even entertain the possibility in my opinion.

runner-guy

Reaction score
I do believe in life on other planets, but I'm still not convinced aliens have reached inside the atmosphere of Earth. Every video you see of alien spaceships is either a hoax or such poor resolution that you can't even tell what it is. I believe that pretty much all of the UFOs that people have seen are from the military. The majority of people have absolutely no idea how technologically advanced the military is.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Don't go to sleep. You might get abducted.

I believe in extraterrestrial life, BTW. It is all too egotistical to believe we are the only intelligent life in the universe, the size of which is truly unfathomable. And I also do not necessarily believe that any such life has to adhere to our understanding or knowledge of life on earth. I'm sure extraterrestrials can live in a world without oxygen, water etc. Yet scientists want to tie everything to what we know. And what we know is barely a fraction of what's out there.

magic everywhere in this *****

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I finally solved this mystery a couple of nights ago. Again I saw the green circle in the sky, this time at a lower altitude so that I could see that it was composed of separate green lights. It was about 7:00 p.m. This time I took myself over to Marina Vista Park, and sure enough, there were a couple of model aircraft enthusiasts flying their craft. The creator of the green circle told me the lights were rigged to a three-foot-diameter foam circle and attached to a model airplane. This device operated at a higher altitude and had more range almost any model aircraft I have seen. Usually, they stay very close to the park.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Proving me right yet again!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics