• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I just get scammed?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heh...That sounds like the kind of Armani we have here. "100% AUTHENTIC!!!!!!!!!!, we have our own sources, comes from many wholesalers, MADE IN ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank you and best regards." ...that's pretty much all you're likely to get from them, because their English can be very limited, aka sounding like a robot.

Does GA usually attach an actual certificate of authenticity to ther scarves??

Pawz

Reaction score
It seems to me that you tried to take the "high and mighty customer" approach, and "EBAYer" handed you your arse.

That or my question reminded them they are doing something wrong and they reacted by saying as little as possible (as a robot) without outright ignoring me. :)

...that's pretty much all you're likely to get from them, because their English can be very limited, aka sounding like a robot.

*nods*

Does GA usually attach an actual certificate of authenticity to ther scarves??

I've gotten authenticity tags from the $20 Emporio Armani underwear I buy from Belk's. XD In other words, I'm sure they do.

Looking at the sellers history only shows one non-positive (it was neutral) feedback where the buyer questioned the authenticity. Otherwise he's got a pretty good feedback rating.

Yes. Again, I didn't like the attitude of the seller.

Even if you're a legit seller with legit items, you can make yourself sound suspicious via poor word choices.

If the seller had said something to the effect of, "I'm supplied by a private wholeseller who wishes to remain anonymous" rather than, "Who cares? I assure you it's 1000% real!", the story would not have found its way here. The BUYER cares and if they ask a question, the seller should answer it.

Granted, I wouldn't have liked the former answer, but I'd have accepted it.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certs of authenticity don't mean anything. It's just a piece of paper that says the item is authentic. Yeh, right!

Even if you're a legit seller with legit items, you can make yourself sound suspicious via poor word choices.

"EBAYer: None of my items came from this stores. I have my own sources, mostly wholesaler's. Thank you."

LOL, most of the Armani around here comes from, mostly wholesalers. Same with all the other knock-off designer lux products.

Last edited:

Pawz

Reaction score
LOL, most of the Armani around here comes from, mostly wholesalers. Same with all the other knock-off designer lux products.

You believe it's fake, then? Figures. I'm glad dude wasn't nice to me. :)

stevey d.

Reaction score
Who needs DSquared when one can have QianSanQiang cubed?
Appears to be good ol' Canadian Fashion too!

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yay!!! Frognie Zila is coming to town, at a big shiny new "upscale" shopping mall. :slayer:

However it says "Frongnie Zila", just above "Spellin". Looks like there's some real big names in luxury coming though. Although Gieves & Hawkes opening a store in Xilinhot, I'll believe that when I see it.

Spotted it on a billboard this afternoon, and immediately thought of this thread.

Two years later, Victory Plaza is finished, Frognie Zila is open for business, and I need a couple of new shirts.

Last edited:

Pauper Prince

Reaction score
Well apparently B. Brioni suits are made in Italy too so technically they are getting an "Italian Brioni" :rotflmao:

"http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-BRIONI-16..._MC_Suits&hash=item2c62e4f1ee#ht_12854wt_1142
It's quite comical the level of bougie rhetoric is spouted here. I needed to speak up in regards to at least some of the Brioni and Valentino knock off suits I've seen on Ebay and elsewhere.

I've purchased 3 of said suits via PayPal with fill protections intentionally expecting to return them if they were actually fake under the return policy for paypal and ebay. As a person who enjoys dressing well and a former retailer/owner of a men's fine clothing establishment let me say this:

The knockoffs i got were EXTREMELY well made, and will designed suits. For $390.00, not counting shipping i received three very beautiful suits.

*excellent gauge and weight.
*beautiful weave and clearly high thread count.
*verified silk and wool blend.
*many signs of handcrafting and pick stitching.
*cotton/linen waist lining.
*amazing drape and silhouette when worn.

Let me say this. They were INDEED knock offs. However, i kept the suits and wear them quasi regularly because they are every bit as nice as suits I've paid over a $1k for. I've recorded more compliments and not a single sign of faulty and poor craftsmanship.

Chinese tailors are familiar with high end designers and have access to the same material like Canonico or Zegna. They are every bit as talented tailors and seamster's. However recognize that the outrageous mark up of well branded euro makers leaves a gap in the marketplace.

Today, many replica companies create product that actually exceeds the craftsmanship of the very brands they emulate, which ironically may force the name brands to step up their game even more or give up a true piece of the market share.

To pay $130 dollars for these suits actually made me feel as if I was the crook! Made me question any bespoke, made to order or high end suits I've acquired when comparable quality can be had at a fraction of the expense.

I may post photos of one or two for reference. If the name is paramount in regards to importance then so be it. But if quality, style and value reign supreme then be shrewd but open minded. Otherwise Saks and Neiman Marcus' magnificent markups will continue to gouge you and eat up your dollars.

Save your money for EFT, Bitcoin and investments.

refinery

Reaction score
It's quite comical the level of bougie rhetoric is spouted here. I needed to speak up in regards to at least some of the Brioni and Valentino knock off suits I've seen on Ebay and elsewhere.

I've purchased 3 of said suits via PayPal with fill protections intentionally expecting to return them if they were actually fake under the return policy for paypal and ebay. As a person who enjoys dressing well and a former retailer/owner of a men's fine clothing establishment let me say this:

The knockoffs i got were EXTREMELY well made, and will designed suits. For $390.00, not counting shipping i received three very beautiful suits.

Let me say this. They were INDEED knock offs. However, i kept the suits and wear them quasi regularly because they are every bit as nice as suits I've paid over a $1k for. I've recorded more compliments and not a single sign of faulty and poor craftsmanship.

Chinese tailors are familiar with high end designers and have access to the same material like Canonico or Zegna. They are every bit as talented tailors and seamster's. However recognize that the outrageous mark up of well branded euro makers leaves a gap in the marketplace.

Today, many replica companies create product that actually exceeds the craftsmanship of the very brands they emulate, which ironically may force the name brands to step up their game even more or give up a true piece of the market share.

To pay $130 dollars for these suits actually made me feel as if I was the crook! Made me question any bespoke, made to order or high end suits I've acquired when comparable quality can be had at a fraction of the expense.

I may post photos of one or two for reference. If the name is paramount in regards to importance then so be it. But if quality, style and value reign supreme then be shrewd but open minded. Otherwise Saks and Neiman Marcus' magnificent markups will continue to gouge you and eat up your dollars.

I've seen an increasing number of replicas from China for designer bags and Canada Goose jackets at 80% off the original's MSRP with (seemingly) immaculate detail when compared to the auths, but I haven't seen the same duplicated for suits or classic menswear.

If there's a sports coat I can acquire that looks and feels like from Orazio Luciano in Drapers 100% cashmere for $200, let me know.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

let’s set aside the fact that you resurrected a dead and rather irrelevant thread, and the fact that you’ve just insulted many people here by referring to them as, what’s the word? Ah yes…bougie.

The argument is about counterfeits. That’s illegal. The theft of intellectual property is a crime. Perhaps you’ve never created anything only to see it stolen and misrepresented so I’ll afford you some latitude.

Also, the sales of counterfeit goods occupy a rung, albeit a low one, in a web of criminal activity that funds all manner of heinous crimes such as human trafficking and illegal drugs.

So I’ll stay bougie, my friend. At least I won’t feel like a douche pretending to be someone I’m not.

Pauper Prince

Reaction score
let’s set aside the fact that you resurrected a dead and rather irrelevant thread, and the fact that you’ve just insulted many people here by referring to them as, what’s the word? Ah yes…bougie.

The argument is about counterfeits. That’s illegal. The theft of intellectual property is a crime. Perhaps you’ve never created anything only to see it stolen and misrepresented so I’ll afford you some latitude.

Also, the sales of counterfeit goods occupy a rung, albeit a low one, in a web of criminal activity that funds all manner of heinous crimes such as human trafficking and illegal drugs.

So I’ll stay bougie, my friend. At least I won’t feel like a douche pretending to be someone I’m not.

You are wrong on almost every assumption you made here in a butt hurt effort to support your narrative.

Calling me a 'douche' actually would essentially only compound the point i made earlier. I'm not pretending to be anything. In fact it's the opposite. That is the difference between you and I. You feel you need to validate your sense of self worth and status by paying for exorbidantly priced luxury goods. No doubt offering unsolicited name drops and wearing conspicuous labels ad nauseum.

I needn't validation from anyone but myself and although i own many authentic luxury brand goods, i simply follow the criteria that i wear and buy what i like and what represents quality/value. You are exceptionally triggered by a generic statement that wasn't directly pointed towards you which either makes you a narcissist and/or embodied with an egg shell like egoistic fragility.

No matter what i put on my body, I'm still a man.

notdos

Reaction score
Blah, Blah, Blah. Fake garbage, is theft. Supporting it, in any sense, is douchery. I’m sure there’s a Reddit thread that would be more supportive. Classic menswear, not so much.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

B990573D-CA65-48AC-96D8-277B443601DF.jpeg

Pauper Prince

Reaction score
Blah, Blah, Blah. Fake garbage, is theft. Supporting it, in any sense, is douchery. I’m sure there’s a Reddit thread that would be more supportive. Classic menswear, not so much.

Hahahahaha!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads