1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Did I just get scammed?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pickles1, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

I thought that was the yanks.

2. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

I kinda want some now, i think it would be a great way to piss off my brand whore friends lol

3. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

E coli diner?

:confused:

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

That would be this restaurant.
    [​IMG]

5. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Do you need a proxy?

6. stevey d.

stevey d. Active Member

Like a dog who gets fooled by the same trick every single time, at least once every thrifting trip, I get fooled by the Sean John label, thinking that its Ralph Lauren Purple.
    Sometimes I misread Harbour for Barbour , but this was a real punch in the ol' gut.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  7. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I'm so used to seeing this kind of thing all the time, however Value Village is a US retailer, and they're selling illegal knock-offs? Wouldn't the ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) people have something to say about it?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  8. NORE

NORE Senior member

Thread is awesome.

9. bubba04

bubba04 Senior member

LOL, lovin' this too. Keep 'em comin', guys! :slayer:

ETA: Sorry, OP... :embar:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  10. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Yay!!! Frognie Zila is coming to town, at a big shiny new "upscale" shopping mall. :slayer:
    [​IMG]
    However it says "Frongnie Zila", just above "Spellin". Looks like there's some real big names in luxury coming though. Although Gieves & Hawkes opening a store in Xilinhot, I'll believe that when I see it.

Spotted it on a billboard this afternoon, and immediately thought of this thread.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  11. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Calvin Klein socks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did I get scammed?

12. newyorknoir

newyorknoir Senior member

I guess this isn't necessarily uniform with the newer Borrelli ties, perhaps? I just bought one from the boutique on Madison with a green thread.

13. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

14. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

It sounds like someone may have taken advantage of a brand-whore by selling fake ties.

15. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

Met an EBAYer who was simply unpleasant.

ME: What is the store this came from? I.e., Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, Bergdorf, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, or an Armani Boutique?

EBAYer: Good Morning. What is the difference for you? This is 1000% genuine scarf.Thank you and Best Regards.

ME: I didn't ask about the legitimacy of the scarf. Care to answer the question or should I buy (another person's) Zegna scarf instead? I'm sure (its seller) will answer all my questions.

EBAYer: None of my items came from this stores. I have my own sources, mostly wholesaler's. Thank you.

ME: All right. It's helpful to know the origin since some designs, variations, etc., are indigenous to certain locations (hence the initial inquiry).

EBAYer: Thank you for your interest. Regards.

Is this guy a robot or what?

Item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400-NWT-Aut...45267?pt=US_Scarves_Wraps&hash=item27cbc71073

I like Armani, but I don't want this guy to have any of my money.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  16. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

A lot of people don't want to say where they got it because the person asking could just go pick it up from the source than from the ebayer, or even worse, become another competitor.

17. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

And I would have accepted that if not for the attitude I received. It's over now, anyway. :)

I was sort of hoping the seller bought it for themselves and decided they'd rather sell it.

18. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

It seems to me that you tried to take the "high and mighty customer" approach, and "EBAYer" handed you your arse.
    This ^^^^

That's funny; in reading this, my impression was that YOU had the attitude. That's the problem with communicating through text. You never really know the other person's sentiment. Hopefully, you found the item at a decent price.

19. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Heh...That sounds like the kind of Armani we have here. "100% AUTHENTIC!!!!!!!!!!, we have our own sources, comes from many wholesalers, MADE IN ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank you and best regards." ...that's pretty much all you're likely to get from them, because their English can be very limited, aka sounding like a robot.

20. CosmeDaniel

CosmeDaniel Senior member

I'd agree with Vinny's initial assessment.

Looking at the sellers history only shows one non-positive (it was neutral) feedback where the buyer questioned the authenticity. Otherwise he's got a pretty good feedback rating.

The RN number on the tag returns "GIORGIO ARMANI CORPORATION" as the manufacturer (according to the FTC) so if it is a fake at least they put in enough effort to have the tag match Armani's number.

Did the OP ever respond as to his final determination on the authenticity?