1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

!Did anybody buy this?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HitMan009, Nov 20, 2004.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Jofaile, please keep us informed as to your assestment of the jacket. It looked pretty nice in the picture. Perhaps someone can post more detailed pictures?

Debaser,
    What more can you describe about the jacket? 15% cashmere 85% wool is highly misleading. That in it of itself is motive to return it. 44" chest and 32", that's a 12" drop. Looks like you have a athletic physique to say the least. How wide is the midsection? Is there any form of waist supression on the jacket?

My jacket should arrive within the week or next week at the latest. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed but apparently right now, I will.

-HitMan009

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

I'm shocked that Polo's own website would do a "cashmere lining" bait and switch. I'd return it, with a nasty letter to the Polo legal department.

3. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

On style:
    Ok, so I received this coat today in the mall. The coat doesn't appear as it does on the website. On the website, the shell appears more of a twill weave but upon receiving the coat, the shell is basically your ballistic nylon weave, not unsimiliar to the material your would find on a nylon messanger bag. I have to say the twill weave and cashmere lining was the biggest draw for me along with the sleek, trim fit description. So far none of this has reached my level of expectations. So I will go to the store tommorrow and see.

On fit:
    First off, medium is not my right size but the whole purpose was to lock in the savings and get size small at the store. I can't imagine if the small would actually fit right but the medium is not too far from being tent-like at the waist. The shoulders appear just off so I think the small can correct that.

All in all, I don't see how something like this can even be listed for over a grand. The sale price is more on par with the quality of this coat.