Diablo III / 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by GreenFrog, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I never made it to 99. Not once. :(

I will be 60 in this game by the end of next weekend. :slayer:

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

sounds like you have succumbed to "wah wah d3 is not d2" because you are still unable to qualify your opinions. if you argue that d3's skill system is objectively worse than d2's, prove it. you said its lacks customization; i point out the inherent fallacy of customization in the d2 skill system. care to back it up? no, you can't.

if d2's story was weak, why are you ripping on d3 for having a weak story and somehow using that as justification that playing through d3 is lame?

let's play "answer your own question with the information you already know." how do you progress after level 60? well, what did progress from 60-99 in d2 entail? getting skill points. how does the skill system in d3 scale? with items and DPS. how do you progress past 60? better items = better skills. therefore, get items. how do you get items? by playing the damn game. so no, you will not be maxed out after one week.

and by beating the game in normal in d2 you already knew the whole layout of the game.

you have no basis for any of your whining. keep your unoriginal qq'ing bullshit to bnet forums. i'm done here.

Last edited: May 24, 2012

3. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

4. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Inferno. It is no joke. If you play it the way it is intended, it will take you a long time. I've been trying to tackle it legitimately and I just can't do it. Brick walls everywhere until you gear up enough.

The end-game isn't hitting 60. Like WoW, the end-game is maxxing out your character via gear. Every Act in Inferno has different tiered loot.
    Act 1 - 16

Act 4 - 18.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

maybe you should read what i wrote in my original post:

maybe you should get back to that and differentiate between me crushing your parroted criticisms based on faulty premises and me openly admitting that it eventually comes down to whatever floats your boat.

you bitching about no customization when d2 really had no customization = objective, something you can't or won't respond to, making you just like every other qq'er

you wanting to do runs instead of play through a game; or, what makes a game fun = subjective, or something that you're hiding behind and using to refute what i'm telling you

seriously done with this now.

6. b1os

b1os Senior member

I'm level 43, he's 41 or 42 and has a 37 shield, playing A2 nm (now A3).

7. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

The skill system seems to be much less robust. I am not sure how many different builds there were in D2. I had a boltress and some other builds but with this system it seems like everyone will be pretty will setup their skills to whatever is good and then change them when those skills are nerfed. Cause you can keep changing skills at a whim.
    You are focusing on this because it is the only thing you can wrap your small head around. It is not really a problem. I do not care about the story in D3 and really did not in D2. But as weak as the story is I have beat the game and know pretty much how things unfold for all of the difficulty levels.....and the game has been out for just over a week or is that weak?
    So I will get new skills and be able to level past 60? :slayer:

Are there new skill trees or just new skills?
    you mean I do not know I am bored with this game yet? TTFN. Run away. LMAO

8. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

BTW, What is the difference between a quest and a run?

9. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Jeezus. If a difficulty level is too frustrating, you always have the choice to play an easier setting.

10. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I think quests segments get done the first to open up the next level of the game, and runs are doing previously completed segments of the game for loot/experience.

Some quests may be one time only - and the end acts dropped better loot the first time. In lod, the drop calculators for diablo, mephisto, andariel, duriel and baal were different based on whether you were killing them for the first time or whether you were rerunning the level.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

oh yes, because people in d2 never changed their skill builds when certain skills got nerfed... oh wai
    yes, they made new characters to do so, which you are certainly free to do in d3 as well.

if the story is not a problem... then why would you bring it up? and how does knowing how things will unfold once you've beaten the game in any way impact you playing the game? or, how does it impact you any more than when you played d2? because of an arbitrary timeline? cool.

as for the skills thing... read what i posted again. :) skills scale with items, instead of skill points. now, once you unlock all skills at level 60, you progress by getting better items... not leveling. i find it ironic that you don't understand this, especially since you claim this system is so dumbed down; extra irony for saying i have limited mental capacity. you haven't "maxed out" until you've beaten inferno.

d2 = open red portal, kill cow, join cowkillin-006. open red portal, kill cow, join cowkillin-07.

d3 = do quest, get quest reward, fight unique monsters. do a new quest, fight different monsters, get different reward. this is also known as playing the damn game.

okay, super extra done here. seems like we are just destined to be of varying degrees of mental capacity in our own special way. :)

12. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Creating and leveling characters in D2 was much harder than this.
    Beating thwe story takes a lot of the suspense and story line out of the game. I know it now after a week. I am not sure how long it took you to beat Diablo in D2 but it took me more than a week. Every new boss was a challenge and felt like an accomplishement.
    But I can buy items at the auction house. Can I buy levels at the auction house?
    I really do jnot see the difference after you do it so many times. It will just be a different kind of run and the game will throw in some random road block that really adds nothing.
    I understand that. You would probably expend the same energy defending how much fun a refrigerator box is and how I just do not understand.

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

But eventrually they are the same thing. Unless they are going to add a LOT of quests?

14. b1os

b1os Senior member

Ahab, just reroll a hc char and you'll have enough to worry about.

15. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Thanks for the help guys! I finally beat Diablo at normal mode and finished the game for the first time! I used Impale instead of Rapid Fire and I also changed Marked for Death for Strafe which helped me quite a lot to just get away from Diablo when he was too close to me!

Nightmare mode...here I come!

Btw, if anyone wants to add me my BattleTag is AHShadow#1809.