• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diablo III / 3

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went in the AH, tried to setup something, timed out and said ******* and recrafted everything

That being said they were all "nice gear" for +/- lvl20's

I hear AH is only worth it at lvl50+ or in Hell when you're grinding. That and when the game picks up, AH will become pretty bad until more people are in 50-60+ levels looking for "godly" gear, which in it of itself will cost $$$

I plan on just using cash TBH when the option becomes available.

Just going to gear up my Wiz since stats and skills are all static

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel I can't progress in the game at Hell with my current gear, so I'm waiting for AH to enable $$$. I am in ACT 1, quest 1 and can't even get pass the town. I literally got chased back into town by a champion pack and they repeatedly killed me inside town (knock back + vampiric = FML) With WD you either use pets or kite. Pets simply give the monsters HP because they leech life and kiting would take me a day of running around, stop long enough to get off one shot, then continue running.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel I can't progress in the game at Hell with my current gear, so I'm waiting for AH to enable $$$. I am in ACT 1, quest 1 and can't even get pass the town. I literally got chased back into town by a champion pack and they repeatedly killed me inside town (knock back + vampiric = FML) With WD you either use pets or kite. Pets simply give the monsters HP because they leech life and kiting would take me a day of running around, stop long enough to get off one shot, then continue running.
Are you playing right now? Add me on there and let's go through Act 1 together. I'm similarly stuck in A2 hell and am replaying Act 1 to get a little stronger before trying to finish Act 2.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you playing right now? Add me on there and let's go through Act 1 together. I'm similarly stuck in A2 hell and am replaying Act 1 to get a little stronger before trying to finish Act 2.

Take me take me! I'm midway through ACT I hell.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It'll be harder with the both of you though? lol

It's like a Catch-22

FWIW I was going through NM with my brother lvl 50+ Barb and I died a bunch since his presence increases the difficulty.

IMO so far it is definitely funner solo because the mobs are easier by myself. I still have not explored every detail of the game, and now I feel I should have so to enjoy the game to its full potential i.e. dungeons etc.

I can see if people are bored during the mid-level range 30+. My brother is bored now as well and started another character. Once the idea gets out that "Damnit I need to be higher level" it makes the grinding harder to wade through. That and items to boost def/atk becomes harder to come by.

I think this weekend I am going to solo NM by myself and explore all ends of the maps and talk to every CPU.

IMO the game is pretty stagnant minus the very few hardcore gamers who party together in Inferno. But that's just like all MMO's. You'll always see a few group fully dedicated. What I never understood is who are these people?

So funny. I thought my co-worker looked through my history when she asked if I was playing Diablo3 last night. I just kind of answered "uh yeah?" Then she said her son plays from 2PM to 4AM after his part-time job.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

I went in the AH, tried to setup something, timed out and said ******* and recrafted everything
That being said they were all "nice gear" for +/- lvl20's
I hear AH is only worth it at lvl50+ or in Hell when you're grinding. That and when the game picks up, AH will become pretty bad until more people are in 50-60+ levels looking for "godly" gear, which in it of itself will cost $$$
I plan on just using cash TBH when the option becomes available.
Just going to gear up my Wiz since stats and skills are all static

i've been buying all my weapon upgrades for my dh on the ah. as long as you look carefully, there are some amazing deals to be had. just look for things with low buyouts. i bought my current weapon for 5k and it has over 100 dex and around 90 vit (level 39 weapon). i can effectively one-two shot standard mobs as of NM act 2 part 8 even with another player in my game. i'm kind of worried about hell mode though because i'm on a mac and there's a known issue with pretty much every mac right now that causes periodic fps drops...

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
phone lines are jammed. one hour of repeatedly calling tech support gets me a "sorry, the queue is full. goodbye."

from what i've been reading, blizzard is performing rollbacks for those who have been compromised. my ticket still hasn't been answered, and considering people have been dealing with 48+ hour tickets, im not holding my breath. gonna keep on grinding at the phone until I get somewhere.

i really don't care whether its server-side or not; the ridiculous slapfight on the bnet forums is a giant facepalm. bliz has stated "we have yet to find any account issue outside of traditional illegitimate user/pass access," and of course the bliz fanboys latch onto this as definitive proof that everyone who got hacked was phished or keylogged. then the people who are arguing about the session id thing slap back... ridiculous.

either way, whoever's fault it is, blizzard has a lot to gain in terms of goodwill by offering rollbacks to those who request them. considering the RMAH is opening, they had better goodwill the **** out of bnet because if the **** hits the fan with that, they are fucked.

i've been buying all my weapon upgrades for my dh on the ah. as long as you look carefully, there are some amazing deals to be had. just look for things with low buyouts. i bought my current weapon for 5k and it has over 100 dex and around 90 vit (level 39 weapon). i can effectively one-two shot standard mobs as of NM act 2 part 8 even with another player in my game. i'm kind of worried about hell mode though because i'm on a mac and there's a known issue with pretty much every mac right now that causes periodic fps drops...

seriously. scroll to the later pages of whatever your search is or lower your max price by 1k and you will find some great items. personally, i price stuff to sell immediately as a buyout and i feel like the people who do will sell far more volume than some idiot trying to sell a semi-junk rare for 20k.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, **** me:

From TomsHardware:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-3-Authenticator-Battle.net-Bashiok-Password,15724.html
"A good sign that the connection loss is a hijack attempt and not just a server error is if you are also having trouble surfing the web (i.e. slow connections, or can't load pages)," he continues. "People are reporting that their IP is getting DDOSed to prevent them from relogging into Diablo 3 and thus getting a new session and stopping the attack."

Well, wouldn't you know it - my account got hacked and the night before it happened I was experiencing regular disconnects at ~10minute intervals. I was unable to load webpages and my router kept on throwing error messages telling me to ensure DSL and internet lights were active, which they of course were not. This happened over the course of a few hours, where I kept logging in repeatedly only to be disconnected a short time later.

I kept rebooting my router, to no avail. I spent 1 hour on the phone with Bell tech support - they performed full line tests and diagnostics and they stated my modem was 100% functioning on both their end and mine. I kept experiencing outages during this tech support call; the technician almost accused me of lying since I was insistent that the internet was not working but every test they ran said it was fine.

Here's the kicker: my account was hacked, and the internet interruptions have now stopped. The technician isn't even supposed to show up until tomorrow, yet the problem mysteriously disappeared.

The evidence keeps piling up. Before I wasn't so sure on laying blame; now I'm quite sure this is an issue on Blizzard's end. Sooner or later the correlations turn to causations; call me a conspiracy theorist all you like but sooner or later, there simply will be too much evidence against Bliz for them to claim I was keylogged or phished.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Beat game in normal at last. Level 33 now. The normal game was a cakewalk. Diablo wasn't hard. Asmodan was actually funny - turned on Archon and pointed the light of judgment on him, he died in 8 seconds without hitting me. Quickest end-boss fight ever.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a PSA - some Diablo accounts have been targeted by hackers. Reports say that includes accounts with the Battle.Net Authenticator. Check to make sure, and also if someone messages you and you can tell its not your friend, might want to let them know as well.
In case anybody missed it - the article that brought it to my attention:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-21-diablo-3-accounts-hacked-gold-and-items-stolen

warned you all...

if you're in a game, that means you are authenticated-> its a loop hole that allows them to bypass the authenticator.

not sure how you can prevent a hack, but you can lower the chances by playing alone or with friends only.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI guys, here is a D3 distance map
"yards" are actually closer to feat which makes things like the DH 20% damage when 10 yards away from any enemies buff seem pretty damn powerful

Also I know that the blizz forums are awful from occasionally looking at them when I played WoW...but my god where do they find these idiots? Seriously? I may have to make a reddit account so I can talk about D3 with sane people.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, that sucks. Do you know how your account was targeted? Were you 60?

i had just turned 50. no idea how my account was targeted; i had been using the AH recently so maybe there's a way of finding out who posted what for sale? other than that, 95% of the time i played privately or with friends. bad luck i guess.

warned you all...
if you're in a game, that means you are authenticated-> its a loop hole that allows them to bypass the authenticator.
not sure how you can prevent a hack, but you can lower the chances by playing alone or with friends only.

funny, people are still claiming its client side. i was preaching restraint as far as laying blame goes earlier today, but there is far too much circumstantial evidence now. the whole ddos thing correlates with my inexplicable internet outages that only happened when i was playing d3, and now im hacked.

Any of you play Hardcore?

hahahah, hell ******* NO. whoever survives inferno hardcore deserves a ******* vacation and a year's worth of salary or something, not to mention psychological treatment for dealing with all the rage that would come from losing 20+ characters in every stage of the game. i've died ~20 times in certain dungeons, easily. molten vampiric arcane enchanted? vortex plague waller? ***** please.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
but if you didn't have that skill, a dh wouldn't be able to compete with say a wizard...my friend's wiz had like 2.1k at 43, while mine has like 1.8k...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads