1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo III / 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by GreenFrog, Mar 24, 2012.

1. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

[​IMG]

random monster drop

2. GBear

GBear Senior member

BoH buff. What do I need now? I am thinking res as I get killed by those the quickest. And yes, I know I'm poor...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Either more res or more hp. I believe most monks lean towards res but even at 600, I'm getting wrecked.

4. GBear

GBear Senior member

^Wow, you serious? That is ridiculous. It'll be a while before I can do Act 4. I try and farm some bosses with friends and get hit for 50k to 150k. So scary...

5. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Looks like I just got hacked. I'm missing all my gear :(

6. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Loving the added search features in the AH. Anyone else predict that being able to search for a max buyout price on an item is going to drive down prices?

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

happened to me, feelsbadman. get on the phone with bliz customer support, it'll get you an answer faster than opening a ticket online. also, get an authenticator.

my monk would really like that :)

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  8. b1os

b1os Senior member

Your monk would also like to have white gear. :rimshot:

Sucks @karim. I just started Diablo just to check whether I got hacked or not. :confused:

9. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Probably not a horrible thing; I need to be studying for the bar exam, anyways.
    I filled out a ticket. The stuff will come back when it does. Otherwise, I'll just mooch off my friends for a bit.

It sucks that authenticators are basically blizzard's way of asking their customers to subsidize their information security costs. I'm really curious about how my account was compromised. The password that I used was also used with my UGA account for six months, about 3 years ago (the school makes us change passwords every semester). The password wasn't used on any other forum or message board and it wasn't at all linked (to the best of my knowledge) to the gmail account that I'm using as my battle.net account.

10. worakl

worakl Senior member

Is there an ETA on when it might be implemented? I guess it's more likely that old legendaries will stay the same, rather than also being updated?

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

i hear ya, man. i have no idea how i got compromised either, barring some kind of ninja keylogger that gets onto your computer through viewing of a corrupted flash banner ad or something to that extent. certain diablo fansites have been compromsied like that in the past, so if youve been to diablowiki or anything that could be it. i still think it has something to do on blizzard's end.

if you have an iphone/android you can download the authenticator for free. either way, its a pain in the ass, considering services like steam will force you to respond to a confirmation email if you even log in from a different ip. i doubt blizzard is making a whole lot of money on these authenticators, but virtually any other service with arguably higher risk from online shopping to banking to email doesn't require authentication. :tinfoil:

haha :(

12. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Is this only happening to people who play public games?

Bc I just play either solo or with some friends.

13. otc

otc Senior member

I think the one sad issue is that there is probably more WoW (and now D3) fraud than there is bank fraud.

There may be more value to breaking into bank accounts, but there is also a lot more risk. Outside of some rare instances with asian MMOs (like where someone got murdered over a digital sword) the police have no interest in being involved.

You can hack and steal and cheat and dupe and sell it on some external site and the worst that will happen is that blizz will ban a few of your characters that are holding the goods. You won't get arrested, you won't go to jail. If I was a mediocre hacker--good enough to break in but not good enough to break in and leave no trace--I think an almost risk free proposition would be exploiting real money black markets...everyone knows they got hacked and everyone who is buying knows that it came from something shady, but there is no real force trying to stop you.
    I think the RMAH is essentially designed to help prevent this. Blizz will be happy to take a cut, but as long as all the items are available through sanctioned means, people won't seek out the black market, and hacked items will be easy to to track via their database keys.

Also with regards to doing runs...not a full time occupation but sometimes it was a blast to spend an hour doing bloody runs while you grind out the end of a level. Just WP to the top and run down backwards with 7 other people just SHREDDING through monsters. Orbs and Arrows flying everywhere from all sides of your screen...pure carnage. Cows were awesome because they were cows...but I don't ever remember actively running them like bloody001 bloody002 bloody003 etc. (can't remember, did they make it so your character can open the cow level multiple times or was wirts leg gone if someone in the game killed the cow king?)

14. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

I've definitely visited a bunch of those sites before, but I don't have accounts on them. And I use an ad blocking script that prevents most of those banners from loading. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

My point re: the cost shifting is just that I don't think that I should have to pay a supplemental security fee to play a game that I already paid $50 for. I guess until we find out exactly what's happening to people's accounts, Blizzard will continue to shift the blame to the users.

I have a POS of a BlackBerry and was pleasantly surprised to see a free authenticator app in our app store. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I don't think I've played in any public games. Only solo or with my friends from school or styleforum.

People played cows a lot before/during 1.09. Cow drops were nerfed substantially in one of the later patches (1.09 or 1.10 maybe?) and we had to go elsewhere, so people went to the bloody foothills or straight to Baal's minions with a bit of Pindleskin in there as well. When uber Tristram came out, that was pretty much the only way to go (assuming you had gear good enough to let you through it...it was extremely difficult without top gear/runes). That's the way I remember it, at least.

15. gort

gort Senior member

Ugh I hate inventory management int his game.

I salvage shit, materials from that is filling up my bags. I put rares I think are worth selling into my stash to auction, but I can only auction 10 items at a time. POrting back to town to salvage and try to fit stuff in my stash constantly is so freaking annoying.

16. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Your base dodge chance seems low.

17. jarude

jarude Senior member

i dunno, i really like the inventory in this game. i like how nearly everything is only 2 spaces; tping back to town constantly is a thing of the past. as it is, i have 2 or 3 extra stash purchases, bringing me to 3/4 of a page for a stash. i dont really have any issues with finding space for stuff but then again i was never finding 10 rares worth auctioning at a time, lol.

18. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Yes, Stash is MUCH better. I have purchased all of the first add on spaces and can get another tab for 100K.

I also think I can auction things from my inventory as of this morning? I never noticed it before but I do not auction much.

PS: You should not even bother with salvage until inferno if that. You can buy the normal level essences for like 20 GP each in the auction house so it is a total waste of time.

19. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

nerdykarim Senior member

It's just a nonlinear function of dexterity, right?

I'm not a pro DH by any stretch (hell, I don't even have any items atm), but I think most high-level DH are stacking crit damage, since sharpshooter recharges while you're kiting mobs.